interior panels in the rear

marmite369

interior panels in the rear

Postby marmite369 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:01 pm

anyone able to give me a rough idea on how to get them off as iv had some pillock put a arse sized dent into my side pannel o the drivers side in the rear quater panel so im hoping that i can get it off and hopefully pop it back out as it is a smoth dent and hasn't put a crease at allinto the body work so a nice gentle push should pop it out ok but i just need to know whats the easiest way of taking the interior panels off to get behind it cheers

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: interior panels in the rear

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:38 pm

usually it has clips and such but you have to clear the edges and such to make a path..

also in your car the seat, the piller cover, and such would hace to come off?

could try a suction puller?

marmite369

Postby marmite369 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:58 pm

ok thanks i found the easiest way was to pry from where the seat belt to the drivers seat comes up from behind the panel away there was a set of little plastic crappyclips underneith it which just popped out. after i found that the dent just popped out nicely was quite shocked at how flexablethe metal was actualy found this with quite a few little dents iv popped out on the car so far the meltal seams quite weak cheep rubish if im honest. but on the plus size i now know that u could with som careful planning you could quite happily fit some rear door card speakers to an 3 dr kalos. may do this and creat a write up on how to do it. cheers for the advite rabbit

04AveoLS5204

Postby 04AveoLS5204 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:21 am

If you do get some speakers in the door like that, post a how to or let me know. I was looking to get some bigger speakers (like 5" or 6") in the front doors, but nothing will clear the window. I guess thats why they only put 4" in the front doors.
Pete (04AveoLS5204)
-------------------------
My Cars:
04 Chevrolet Aveo LS
1.6L L4, Automatic
99 Dodge Intrepid
2.7L V6, Automatic

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:35 am

You can fit a 6.5 component in the front doors with a 1" speaker spacer, but cant use the aftermarket grilles unless you hack the door up. No thanks, I'd rather look stock, but sound pro.

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

Return to “Interior”