help with my new aveo interrior

alex

help with my new aveo interrior

Postby alex » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:42 pm

Hi guys!! I sold my 2006 aveo 1 day ago and bought a new 2009 0 millage aveo. But many things have changed and i want to remove the dash pannel to remove the ugly stock green lights.. How i safetly remove it? are there some screws im not seeing? i found the gauge screws just like my old aveo. Another thing i want to do that i cant find.... On my old aveo i removed the plug for the daylight driving lights. It was under the dash right above the break pedal. Where is it in the 2009? Thanks for your help and have a nice day!! (will post pics for everyone soon) bye

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: help with my new aveo interrior

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:49 pm

DRL disable is a fuse in the panel in the door jamb.

The screws I am not sure whereyou found and didn't but the 09 has a lot of snap together covers? Where in area you pullng form?

Congratulations on the purchase

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:50 pm

Hey Alex, you cannot change the green lights unless you want to solder new ones. They are SMD style, solder mounted. But fear not, I am working with Black Cat Custom for a solution to this problem. He's making a custom gauge face for the 09' w/ a lighting kit. Not sure what colors he will have yet though. As for the DRL's, all you have to do is pull the fuse on the drivers side of the dash in the fuse panel. Waaaay easier than the Gen 1's. Congrats on your new 09', I love mine.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:52 pm

Oh, to pull the cluster in the 09' you have to pop the 2 screws out under the top of the dome and then the whole dome pops off and the cluster has 4 screws that hold it in place. If you take yours apart for a closer look, make sure when you put it back together that the little clear trim pieces inside aren't holding the tips of your needles in place. :lol: I mad this mistake.
ImageImageImage

alex

Postby alex » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:22 am

thanks all for help! yea and this car is amazing! i had my 06 with header full exhoust spark cables and intake and still dint feels as smooth as this one stock! hhehe might be that it was automatic =[ now its manual! yay!. Its my first manual car hehe so it turns off all the time !=[ but today only 3 times hehe getting there!. thanks for tips! im gona work on it on the week. + im putting my 06s springs and rims on this 09. then ill take pics to show ya all! good night guys!

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:28 am

Sweet, yeah the 09' takes a little getting used to but it's a fantastic car. Enjoy.
ImageImageImage

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:08 am

have you ever driven a manual before? someone teach you?

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:32 pm

i didnt even stall that much when i first started :P :P :P
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000185677338

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124271

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:42 pm

It takes practice, I learned to drive manual on a 4WD Jeep Wrangler with a really worn out clutch. You'll get the hang of it. Idk, the Aveo is kinda weird...I honestly have found for mine to shift really smoothly I have to shift somewhat aggressively. Anyone else experience this?
ImageImageImage

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:30 pm

i learned how to drive a clutch on motorcycles.

but when i got my license. the first time i legally drove a clutch car on the street. My mom parked the car on a steep fly ash hill and told me i needed to pull out without stalling if i was going to be allowed to drive alone.. worst part was, as she was sitting there explaining this to me. My school bus full of friends pulled up behind me.. waiting for me to go..

i did it though, :lol:

Return to “Interior”