Headliner removal

gonzo

Headliner removal

Postby gonzo » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm about to start installing my flip down screen and wanna get as much info on how to remove the headliner without ripping or breaking anything in the process. thanks

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: Headliner removal

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:59 pm

Start by pulling the trim from the pillars lay the seats back front and rear. For room to let it drop.

Once you can see the edge the whole way around, take off the dome light then visors leaving only the four grab handles holding it up. Then center yourself in the car and undo the four handles dropping it on yourself. Careful not the bend it. Then pullit out through the hatch. If you have a sedan turn it to lay across the back of the front seats and take it out the front door.

red_09aveo5

Postby red_09aveo5 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 am

I have to remove the headliner from my 09 Aveo5 this weekend to install an amateur radio antenna. Mine has 2 round plastic retainers in the center of the headliner and 3 at the rear. Are those for looks or do they need to come out? Also, since I have OnStar do I need to do anything special when removing the dome light/OnStar unit?

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:41 am

i forgot about those plugs, buy a trim remover. it looks like a screw driver, buy with a Y fork on the end and a curve to allow lifting.

i would take those out first. then follow the steps above.

the onstar should just be an additional plug. but just to be safe maybe disconnect the battery that way when you "disappear" they might not send the police to find you. actually its because the onstar is somehow tied into the airbag system. not going to set them off, but it might trigger a light.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:42 am

and welcome to the site.

Return to “Interior”