09 chevy aveo alarm install

4g63gst20

09 chevy aveo alarm install

Postby 4g63gst20 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi all, i wasnt sure where to post this as theres no electrical section,
anyways, i've b in the process of upgrading some things inmy aveo.
I got the 09 aveo 5 LS, as you now theres no P/W or P/L, or AC, i got this when cash for clunkers came out and just wanted to get rid off my clunker.
I already installed 5 actuators for my P/L, 1 in each door, upgraded my door speakers to 6.5's, upgraded cd player, and now is time for starter or alarm if i cant figure out how to connect it.

I looked at the ign harnnes on the 09 aveo and is diff than other cars i have done in the past, this car has 20ga wire( others have 12ga) heres is what i found when i tested the wires
Red with white - +12v constant
Orange-Ignition
light blue- ACC
Red with black +12v when key is inserted,dies when on ACC, and 3.65V on Ign.
brown with black seems to be a 5v wire than changes to 0 when the key is removed.

I did not find a starter wire on this. if anybody has done this, where do if tap to start the car?i looked at my cylinder and looks like i have to transponder, I also checked at walmart and when they tested my key they said theres no transponder.

I think i got everything covered, brake,door triggers, and 12v supply for but need help with the remote starter part. i know we have some pretty good here and im hoping somebody can help me on this, i have till thursday to start this, but the sooner the better.
And when im done with this i do plan to post a how to . thanks

wylee

Re: 09 chevy aveo alarm install

Postby wylee » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:22 am

Did you ever get this done? Remote start is next on my "to do" list.

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: 09 chevy aveo alarm install

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:49 am

i feel like this discussion went further somewhere..

Return to “Interior”