Blower Motor stopped working

NYChevoo

Blower Motor stopped working-UPDATED

Postby NYChevoo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:53 pm

Ok so today was my day when my new resistor which was $21.46 and cabin air filter which was $19.42 arrived from gmpartsdirect.com. Got them both installed pretty quickly meaning less than 20 minutes. I like the new design of the cabin air filter. A little heftier with more filtration of particulates than the original. My original filter was pretty dirty, and now with the replaced filter the air flow is much improved. I was also told that the part number by GM was superceeded as well. The blower fan resistor that I removed did in fact have some corrosion on it so I was glad I replaced that too, and it also has been redesigned in the plug connection area. However, my problem still persists. I have to gently tap the fan motor to get it to operate. I ordered a new fan motor for $62.00 today from gmpartsdirect.com and should recieve it by Monday. Three screws, and it drops out. Fairly simple. Heres hoping thats the last part I order for that issue.

He drives like a man on his way home from work!
00 Jeep Grand Cherokee
02 Chevy Suburban Z71
04 Aveo Sedan (Silver)
07 Aveo Hatchback (Active Red)
85 Mercedes 300SD

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: Blower Motor stopped working

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:04 am

hmmm... sorry to hear it just wasn't the resistor. If you are going to put a motor in it, and there was corrosion on the resistor, be sure to clean all the connections to the fan, they might be corroded too (same housing). If the corrosion was pretty bad, and you have ac, try cleaning the drain along the firewall, down low i think. If might be slow and allow excess moisture to build up in the system.

Pontiac1976

Postby Pontiac1976 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:57 pm

Check the ground make sure the ground has a good & clean connection for the blower motor and or the plug in will have a ground some where to the dash or fire wall.
ImagePONTIAC1976

PONTIAC
The Mark of a Great Car

PONTIAC
The Mark of a Great Car

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3101276

NYChevoo

Postby NYChevoo » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:23 am

This week the Aveo has decided to mess with me a little bit. Ok now the blower fan is working perfectly and continues to do so since my last post. However, now the a/c is no longer cooling. So. I'm going to drop her off at the mechanic and let them figure out my new problem. Overall, at 115K I'm still very happy and in another month or so the a/c wont even matter when the temp starts to drop. All I can do is laugh at this point.

He drives like a man on his way home from work!
00 Jeep Grand Cherokee
02 Chevy Suburban Z71
04 Aveo Sedan (Silver)
07 Aveo Hatchback (Active Red)
85 Mercedes 300SD

Return to “Interior”