Door Rattle??

Rainbow1616

Door Rattle??

Postby Rainbow1616 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:45 am

I have a 2009 sedan that just recently started rattling big time. It seems like its coming from the passenger rear door but everything in the door still works, ie window, handle, latch etc. Does anyone know what this could be? Anyone else have this problem? I have not checked it yet was just looking for a little insight first.
Thanks

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: Door Rattle??

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:36 pm

i noticed along the door top, the door seems sunken in. if i was to align it better to look right with the car, it would rattle. but it does not rattle. Are you sure its not the seat belt strap height selection slider? i get a rattle from there on rough terrain.. and the luggage tray/cover seems to rattle on on side..

have you pulled it apart? if one of the bolts is loosening it would still work but allow the track to rattle.. even a lot of designs would still work completely with a bolt missing.. as long as the window holds to the seals in the channel it will keep its natural plane and work for a while, but then will "knock" back into place as you roll it up and down..

could also be the "rods" from the door handle to the look rattling off the door, typically manufacturers use either clips and or foam to keep them quiet, but they can move slide around, and pop out with common use.
there is also a problem noted once or twice if you pull the lock plunger up will the outside door handle is help up it can break something in the lock mechanism it self, so i would check to make sure everything is still functioning as it is supposed to..

Rainbow1616

Postby Rainbow1616 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Thanks for the insight, I will be pulling it apart tomorrow morning and report back what I find or don't find.

shibbs

Postby shibbs » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:34 pm

I've noticed that my passenger front door speaker rattles quite a bit, even when its not very loud.

Not a huge concern, tho, as I'd like to replace them in the near future with something better.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:08 pm

rainbow, if you don't find it lmk, i could always take a look for you.

Rainbow1616

Postby Rainbow1616 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:00 pm

Well I didn't have time to look at it today so it will have to wait till the weekend.
I do have a dum question though. Would this be under the standard warranty? I have had the car about 13 months. Its kinda a pain taking it up to colussy and leaving it then picking it up thats why I figured I would look myself.
Are there any hidden screws in the rear door panel on a 4 door or does it just pop off?
It was weird I opened the door today and shook the heck out of it back and forth and no noise. Then I just pushed it closed and bam noise, sounds almost like a track or something.
and Yea if I can't see anything obvious and you want to take a look that would be great, appreciate that.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:16 pm

it should be covered under the 3 year /36k miles bumper to bumper..

there are screws in the door panel, but they are not exactly hidden.

Return to “Interior”