Aveo DIY Timing Belt

Post you HOW-TO and DIY threads here.
Petrified.Rabbit

Re: Aveo DIY Timing Belt

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:15 pm

when the car was still new you could of have it sprayed with an orange candy coat.

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:32 pm

WOLFMAN AK907 wrote:You're a dousche-bag Justin. :lol:

i was just trying to help :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000185677338

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124271

Monzaveo

Postby Monzaveo » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:15 pm

Funny thing with the color of mine. I hated it when I bought it, but figured that would be better than one I liked, since I thought I might sport-out a cool color.

I just wanted a basic daily driver, not another car to dump money into...but...thats exactly what I want to do now, since I've gotten used to the color now. I want rims. Headlight and taillight kits, rear spoiler, CAI, lowering springs, sway bars, some stripes, and tinted windows.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:30 pm

lol theres no way you cant add things to your car monz
its nature to spend money on our cars

Manorness7

Postby Manorness7 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:43 pm

Monzaveo wrote:Funny thing with the color of mine. I hated it when I bought it, but figured that would be better than one I liked, since I thought I might sport-out a cool color.

I just wanted a basic daily driver, not another car to dump money into...but...thats exactly what I want to do now, since I've gotten used to the color now. I want rims. Headlight and taillight kits, rear spoiler, CAI, lowering springs, sway bars, some stripes, and tinted windows.

I thought it was such a girly color until it grew on me and I put some window tint on it, then I could see it had potential. Ever since then, I bought HIDs, smoked led taillights, made a CAI, put blue neon inside, blued out the side markers, blue aux lights, led license plate lights, debaged, sub, insignia head unit, strobes... man I love my car now :D

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:26 pm

I love the Icelandic Blue, i just hate the purplish colored aveo...it's wierd.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

Manorness7

Postby Manorness7 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:34 am

I agree with you on that one, it really is... :|

italsupra10

Postby italsupra10 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:26 pm

Monzaveo wrote:Thats Me.

I wrote that. I still have to finish it up as a matter of fact. Thanks for finding it, Xiaogary!

I sent you a message on the other forum, but I just wanted to say THANKS!! for posting the DIY on how to change the timing belt. I found it really helpful, and along with the writeup from the daewootech forum, I was able to change the timing belt and water pump in about 8-9 hours.... and I have very few tools and very little knowledge about cars.

The only advice I can give is to make sure to use the advice about the marks on the belt and cam sprockets... I used white-out and put a mark at top center on both the cam sprockets (and the belt) as well as marking the belt on the bottom where the crank marking is. It really made life easier.

Also, a plain set of 10" vice grips available for about $4 from Harbor Freight is all you need to remove the water pump, don't spend the $50-60 on the specialty tool.

mcthumber

Postby mcthumber » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:52 pm

Monzaveo--

Thanks for all your great how-to info!

The one thing I can't seem to find is the link to where you purchased the timing belt kit (belt, pulley, etc) that you mention in your how-to.

It's probably right in right of me but I can't see it.

Thanks...MC

Return to “HOW-TO / DIY”