DIY Cruise Control under $25.

Post you HOW-TO and DIY threads here.
wylee

Re: DIY Cruise Control under $25.

Postby wylee » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:23 pm

zaveo wrote:newb here, sorry for the plain jane profile, ill update it soon i promise, lol..anyhow..ok heres a question for the guru's.. ok..sooo..this swith that runs off the 2 wires.. Is it just pretty much and open/close circuit? as in..when ya turn it on it just "holds" the throttle position?

For example..could a guy techinially wire in a "toggle" swith or for better example, a WOT type switch? the type they use for WOT nos setups? as in..when its open (or closed) its activated?

From what im reading, and understanding, the switch just closes the acceleration circuit and stops it from acceling? just curious..i wouldnt mind doing my OWN mod rather than using the 30 dollar cruise switch and then trying to locate it in an appropiate position?

but before any of either mods are done, ill have to locate that pesky wiring harness on my 06 aveo 5 speed..

Thanks guys! much appreciated for any available info..!!

The factory switch has a series of resistors in it. I had intended to make my own switch but comparing the prices of decent quality switches (need 2 momentary and 1 toggle) to the factory switch, it just wasn't worth it.

As posted earlier:

wylee wrote:I can confirm the 2006 switch works with my 2010 Aveo5 LS. The instrument cluster light doesn't come on though so I must be missing something. On-off, brake cancel, clutch cancel, set, decel, resume, and accell all work as they should.

The brown cruise wire is the switch input. I measured it at 4.9 volts

Here are the switch outputs I measured:
On/Off switch in off position = 0 volts (doesn't matter if the other buttons are pressed or not, no change)
On/Off switch in on position = 1.85 volts
On/Off switch in on position, resume pressed = 2.76 volts
On/Off switch in on position, set pressed = 3.33 volts

Return to “HOW-TO / DIY”