Hi all new member from the uk

Oscarthagrouch003

Re: Hi all new member from the uk

Postby Oscarthagrouch003 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:36 pm

ozzy wrote:
Reddemonx92 wrote:lol y would u want the american front end? no offense
but mostly everyone prefers the euro front end instead of american lol

you guys want the uk front end as you can not get them there so it will make your car stand out from all the other aveo's

so thats why I want a amrican front end so it makes my kalos stand out

there you go thats why lol

the only prob I have with swoping front ends with anyone is that I need to use my car most days so I could not go with out my front end. I would have to do the swop over a weekend and then send my parts over to your side of the pond. if you get me ?

yea the aveo is my wifes. but i feel the same way about the kalos front end(euro) stand out!! im up for it i needa see whos ships over to ur side of the Pond as u say.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:36 pm

Yea I understand what you saying. We all like being unique with our cars

Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:34 am

Be careful with your headlight aim when swapping uk and us parts! I'd love a lhd aveo but if I was swapping cars with someone with a lhd car I'd have to keep my uk headlights so I'm not blinding people more than I already am (xenons are bright!)
The only modified Aveo in Scotland!

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:56 am

if you pull the lights apart for tinting them then you can flip the reflectore covers..

i have done this for hard to find vw headlights.

ozzy

Postby ozzy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:52 pm

I have had alot of import cars that are left hand drive and have done all the mods you can think off for sortin the head light aim.

anyway bit of a update.

I have been over to my old mans place to sort my wheels and I have painted them gloss black

also I had a brand new cone air fillter so that has gone on the kalos and it now sounds alot better and goes alot better

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:16 am

That induction set up looks a lot claner than mine! What kind of filter you got on there?
The only modified Aveo in Scotland!

ozzy

Postby ozzy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:16 pm

dont know the name of the fillter. its not a brand name and only cost me £5 about $2 it will do till I pick up a better one. sounds very good tho

marmite369

Postby marmite369 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:42 am

prices go up for dollars so would be about $8 not 2. also one warning about buying cheep air filters they do nt filter out the smaller particals that are in the air which could in turn mess your engine up big time. it pays in the long run to fit a decent air filter on

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:31 am

you know, the whole smaller particles thing is a "myth"

if it fits past the valve opening (at lift a bb could go in there) fits in the chamber at top of the compression stroke, without touching anything and with todays cars well pass though the cat, most have 2mm? honeycomb.. it wont actually hurt you engine as long as it is not a rock, metal etc.. basically anything harder than any surface it comes in contact with.

This is a benefit of a cold air intake too. if you were to run it without a filter. there would not be enough vacuum under normal conditions to pull particles large enough up the passage and into the engine.

Plus most airborne particles are burnable so it will break down smaller before entering the cat.

you can debate this as much as you want though. people trying to sell you "better" filters have done a lot to proven their sideof paying $50 for something that normally cost $8.

K&N even proved their own filters were problematic for cars with a maf (09 and up aveo) because the oil in the filter can coat the maf and give false or no reading..

But if you look a race cars (people who know what they are doing) a lot of drag cars run "unacceptable" filters if any any yet i have never heard a drag racer say "i should have used something other than that cheao filter, airborne dust destroyed my engine"

AveoRob

Postby AveoRob » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:10 pm

edited

Last edited by AveoRob on Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Europe”