New TPMS's

New Parts, Links to websites, Specials, Group Buys
kilikili

New TPMS's

Postby kilikili » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:40 am

For youse guys getting new wheels, these guys have the best prices I've seen for TPMS's (Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor). I've order a set, yet to try 'em, here's the link.
http://tire-sensors.com/VehicleSearch.asp

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: New TPMS's

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:45 am

those are pretty good prices, dont forget (not sure about our cars or not) but you need more than just the sensors, you need the clamps that hole them onto the wheels and such..

It priced it out for my new wheels @ $200 for everything, to me since i wouldn't keep the wheels on forever (swithc to snows, etc) its not worth it for something i check anyhow at every fill up.. which is almost twice a week.

AveoRob

Postby AveoRob » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:23 pm

edited
Last edited by AveoRob on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kilikili

Postby kilikili » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:57 pm

Petrified.Rabbit wrote:those are pretty good prices, dont forget (not sure about our cars or not) but you need more than just the sensors, you need the clamps that hole them onto the wheels and such..

It priced it out for my new wheels @ $200 for everything, to me since i wouldn't keep the wheels on forever (swithc to snows, etc) its not worth it for something i check anyhow at every fill up.. which is almost twice a week.

There aren't any clamps pictured in the install instructions, so we may not need them.
I check my pressure fairly regularly too, but I have to admit, if I get a nail in my tire it would pretty handy to have a little warning before my rim starts singing to me. :shock:

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:58 pm

My light stays on all winter anyways, cuz' when I park my car over night I get what's called "square tires" because under the weight of they car the tires naturally sag a little bit and in the cold the rubber freezes like that...you have to drive like 10 miles for the ride to finally soften lol.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:30 am

kilikili wrote:
There aren't any clamps pictured in the install instructions, so we may not need them.
I check my pressure fairly regularly too, but I have to admit, if I get a nail in my tire it would pretty handy to have a little warning before my rim starts singing to me. :shock:

you ignore the tire going "thunk thunk thunk" ?

let us know how it turns out to be, when i was looking into this, it was october of 2008. i dont think many people have definite answers for ANY makes of car yet, let alone aveo.

Manorness7

Postby Manorness7 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:21 pm

I think I'll save some money, I tend to look at my tires a lot anyway. Even so if a tire so happens to go flat, you'll definately feel it.

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:26 pm

Manorness7 wrote:I think I'll save some money, I tend to look at my tires a lot anyway. Even so if a tire so happens to go flat, you'll definately feel it.

Especially in an aveo.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

kilikili

Postby kilikili » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:47 pm

Well, they didn't fit. Granted the steelies I'm using aren't chevrolet, however the part I was sent is a far cry from the OE part.
On the up side, they gave me no hastle about the return, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND I now have a little orange light to keep me warm through the winter! :lol:

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:46 pm

:|

Return to “Products”