100000 MILES AND DOING GREAT!

Non-technical discussions relating to the Chevrolet Aveo and sister models (Daewoo Kalos, Daewoo Gentra, Pontiac G3, Pontiac Wave, Suzuki Swift+, Holden Barina and Chevrolet Lova).
Manorness7

Re: 100000 MILES AND DOING GREAT!

Postby Manorness7 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Bust it up man, put fear out there! :twisted: Good to hear you really love your car :)

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:39 pm

alex wrote:ahaha i love you hunter!! u give me good laughs. u remind me of my friends. Well here in puerto rico hondas specially 92-95 are feared.... my uncle has a 94 that did 9.89 to 10 secs with stock tranny and stock camshaft. Had only his engine cut off a bit , a turbo from ebay, and a mad crazzy driver, had some little things too but nothing that cost lot of $. Anyways. my best friend had a Lanos Sport with 195k miles. and was SMOKED. the first owner had it turbo and TREATED THAT CAR horrible, when he sold it to my friend the car lasted till 215k miles. The turbo was removed cuz was broken. We never saw the car die, was impresive. But he sold it arround 1500 to get $ for collage. I still see the car arround and the owner refreshed the engine and painted the car, im sure will last a lot more. All cars can be good, or can be bad. depends on the man under the wheel and the care he gives to the car. *winks* when i saw my aveo.. i dint know what car was it.. and im an addict with hatch backs. So when i saw this little yellow hatchback with sun roof i was WTF!!! heheh got her for 12k> its been with me 2 years and just hit the 13k miles. I hope it stays with me LONG so i can make ppl fear her!! on the streets. Most important is to drive on defence mode.... ppl drive like shit sometimes hehe. Thanks for reading and take care all!!! ROCK ON!! _alex_ :D

thank you :D
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000185677338

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124271

NYChevoo

Postby NYChevoo » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:00 pm

Hey all,
I'm sure we all know of other brands having a much better track record for dependability. I suppose maybe some of it comes down to how we take care of the cars that we love, some of it is just plain dumb luck, and the rest I suppose could be an act of God. I would like to hope that my Aveo is not a throwaway car although when I originally purchased it in July of 2004 brand new I was thinking that I would run the car until its bolts fell off and the engine blew. I thought that was going to be much sooner but this little car has really surprised me. I knew that when I bought it I was going to pile a ton of mileage on it, and it wouldnt get the same treatment that I give my Suburban which was a $45K car at the time. Over the years that I have owned my Aveo its more and more like a pet, than a car. I know this sounds ridiculous to say but I sort of get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that its always there, ready to take me wherever I feel like going at any time. My wife is kinda fond of our "little car" as well. She drives a V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee and actually looks forward to driving the Aveo on weekends when I'm not commuting in it. Those are the days that I just jump in the Chevy Suburban and tank up for $80.00 so I can get around. So what can I say in closing? I guess the cars that we love, and the time that we spend on them must make some sort of difference!
He drives like a man on his way home from work!
00 Jeep Grand Cherokee
02 Chevy Suburban Z71
04 Aveo Sedan (Silver)
07 Aveo Hatchback (Active Red)
85 Mercedes 300SD

alex

Postby alex » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:48 pm

ahaha ur totally right!!! ROCK ON! :!:

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:11 pm

indeed, but many daewoo owners forget to chnage their timing belts apparently, hence giving daewoo a bad name :P

aerojunkie20

Postby aerojunkie20 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:01 pm

I am new to the forum, hello all! I just bought a 2009 Aveo Sedan LT. So far I love it. I mainly bought it for commuting, and will be paying on it for 6 years, I hope to still be driving her when shes paid off. This is great news to hear that you can get to 100 K if its well taken care of.

Only problems ive had so far was the check engine light coming on twice due to a bad seal of some sort, after the second try the dealer fixed it, and down th eroad I go. Ive had my car for 3 months, and I drive 23 miles to work & 23 miles home every day, its doing great so far.

I chose to purchase this car because of the gas mileage, the sporty look, and I traded in a 2 door vehicle, I needed something with a back seat again. Just about the only thing I will miss will be the 4 wheel drive. in the snow. I used to have a Blazer.

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:41 pm

aerojunkie20 wrote:I am new to the forum, hello all! I just bought a 2009 Aveo Sedan LT. So far I love it. I mainly bought it for commuting, and will be paying on it for 6 years, I hope to still be driving her when shes paid off. This is great news to hear that you can get to 100 K if its well taken care of.

Only problems ive had so far was the check engine light coming on twice due to a bad seal of some sort, after the second try the dealer fixed it, and down th eroad I go. Ive had my car for 3 months, and I drive 23 miles to work & 23 miles home every day, its doing great so far.

I chose to purchase this car because of the gas mileage, the sporty look, and I traded in a 2 door vehicle, I needed something with a back seat again. Just about the only thing I will miss will be the 4 wheel drive. in the snow. I used to have a Blazer.

good to hear, welcome to the fourms

nonmouse

Postby nonmouse » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:40 pm

Good Job. Our '04 Aveo is at 116000 mi. I bought it with 92600 on it, and haven't had major issues with it as of yet.
2007 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L V6
2006 Dodge Charger 3.5L V6
2004 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 1.6L I4

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:08 am

nonmouse wrote:Good Job. Our '04 Aveo is at 116000 mi. I bought it with 92600 on it, and haven't had major issues with it as of yet.

nice list of cars nonmouse

eramirez

Postby eramirez » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:10 pm

New to the forum and I must be really lucky or these cars are great.
I have a 2006 hatchback Aveo. I commute 70 miles to work and 70 miles from work to home. I drive at no more than 65 or 70 miles per hour. I racked up the miles pretty quick over these years. I currently have 155,000 miles on it. I have never had one problem since I bought it. I only recently(two weeks ago) started getting the instrument lights to not work but I quickly fixed it. It started when I started using the cigarette lighter to power my GPS system. Something about pulling more current I guess.
Now, what I am about to say will freak everyone familiar with any car engine, but in all of those years and with all that driving I would only change the oil and oil filter twice a year. I wasn't expecting to have a car last with such treatment. I initially bought it as a cheap commutter car that I wouldn't mind throwing away if something went horribly wrong with an experiment on saving gas that I had in mind. I will mention though, that since the first oil change I have only used quality synthetic oil. The ones that would advertise longevity.
Well, since I heard about timing belts breaking I decided to not push my luck anymore and bought a new belt. I installed it and ran the car to make sure that it would start right. Only problem is that I didn't put the belt cover back on and while running the belt slipped off. I knew I bent the valves and took the cylinder head apart last week. I found piston heads and cylinder bores in very good condition along with no build up on intake valves. Exhaust valves were also in decent condition with only two with heavy exhaust build up. I must also mention that the original belt showed no signs of excessive wear. I am trully amazed at this car and have fallen in love with the engine. I have promised to take better care of this engine once I rebuild it. I don't want to push my luck any more. By the way, while taking the motor apart, I took the heat shield off the exhaust manifold and also found a cracked exhaust manifold. No worries though, I found a $55.00 exact replacement on ebay which I am wating to receive next week.
Just as a note, I bought the car as a commutter car that i would experiment on by adding a hydrogen assist system. Since I commute a lot I was interested in finding a way to save gas. I never got around to experimenting with the hydrogen thing and therefore have been just using it as a commutter car.
Aveos are awsome cars.

Return to “General Discussion”