Anyone use there Aveo for pizza delivery?

Non-technical discussions relating to the Chevrolet Aveo and sister models (Daewoo Kalos, Daewoo Gentra, Pontiac G3, Pontiac Wave, Suzuki Swift+, Holden Barina and Chevrolet Lova).
thehunterooo

Re: Anyone use there Aveo for pizza delivery?

Postby thehunterooo » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:46 pm

Manorness7 wrote:I wouldn't care so much as if I got my car back... I would just figure out who or the people that did it... let's just say they would come up missing. 8-)

but still, who steals an aveo, or needs parts from it

i understand they may want the 17'' rims that 90% of aveo owners have, or the 200 dollar head unit, but its an aveo

maybe they are jealous 8-)

http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000185677338

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124271

XJCasper

Postby XJCasper » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:48 pm

Postal delivery in an Aveo? Scary.
Postal Jeeps were bad enough but they were fun to drive.

Pizza delivery...

Urban city, but not Metro. I had fun; different car. Less comfortable than my Aveo is. Ok tips. I had fun with that job and got to take home a little cash every night.
Rural. My wife had to deliver pizzas in her van for a little while. I would rather use the aveo. Better gas milage. Abuse the car that cost a third of the van. The area they covered was too big, the shop broke their rules and delivered beyond those bounderies, and the tips sucked in comparison to what I was used to.

It's your personal choice. Analyze the area where you live.

AveoSwagg09

Postby AveoSwagg09 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:59 pm

i used my aveo for pizza delivery (Papa Johns) its a good car for it to me i can get two or three good work days out of it before refilling and on a decent night i go home with about $50+. It does do wear and tear and add mileage and what not but if you maintain your car well it should be ok. Ive neglected mine the past few months since i moved and i need an oil change and tune up but just got things together and am fixing that problem.

RushMan

Postby RushMan » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:07 pm

I work for a courier company that delivers medicine for various Pharmacy’s. My route is 440 miles every night! :shock: Mainly highway driving. So far my 2004 aveo is doing quite well. I change the oil every 2 weeks and stay on top of the maintenance.

Bought the car used with 62k miles. Only modification is a cold air intake from ebay. It increased my pickup quite a bit. I am a bit disappointed in the mpg. I average 28, but was expecting mid 30's. That’s how I found this forum; looking for tips to increase my mileage.

I am new to this forum. Great site.

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Welcome RushMan, glad the Aveo is working out for you. I too had concidered using my Aveo5 as some sort of delivery part time, but we'll see.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:22 pm

RushMan wrote:I work for a courier company that delivers medicine for various Pharmacy’s. My route is 440 miles every night! :shock: Mainly highway driving. So far my 2004 aveo is doing quite well. I change the oil every 2 weeks and stay on top of the maintenance.

Bought the car used with 62k miles. Only modification is a cold air intake from ebay. It increased my pickup quite a bit. I am a bit disappointed in the mpg. I average 28, but was expecting mid 30's. That’s how I found this forum; looking for tips to increase my mileage.

I am new to this forum. Great site.

do you have cruise control? NGK plugs, new wires, syn. oil, tire pressusre, clean intake filter and vruise control will help a ton. Welcome to the fourm :D
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000185677338

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124271

g30360

Postby g30360 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:31 pm

I have delivered pizza in manny different cars in the past. one place even provided a vehicle to drive but near the end I found myself using my aveo because it was that much better for deliveries then the cobalt they provided. for delivery some options that really come in handy are keyless entry and command start. being able to leave the car idling while it was locked was nice. and if you were going to take longer then you expected you could still turn it off with the remote. so that would help a bit with starter ware.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:38 am

i must live in a safe area. our delivery drivers don't shut their cars off.

AveoSwagg09

Postby AveoSwagg09 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:10 am

U must or their just in too much of a rush to consider safety...we had a delivery driver killed a month or two ago at a dominoes down the road from where i work. I only find myself leaving the engine on when the person is already outside or its a good neighborhood.

Monzaveo

Postby Monzaveo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:08 am

That remote idea sounds good...

Mine aveo wouldn't do as well being an SVM with no remote or power anything.

Around town here, we just had a delivery driver robbed of his Money - AND - Pizza and Wings...

The pizza guy got the Police for help, and they brought the K9 unit...hehehe...

Wasn't a slow or difficult run for those dog's chasing that trail of pizza and chicken wing smell!!

Perp's were found, after they answered the door with a house filled with Buffalo Chicken Wing smell and a freshly devoured Pie. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”