Get GM to make Performance Parts!!!

Non-technical discussions relating to the Chevrolet Aveo and sister models (Daewoo Kalos, Daewoo Gentra, Pontiac G3, Pontiac Wave, Suzuki Swift+, Holden Barina and Chevrolet Lova).
LarsBud

Get GM to make Performance Parts!!!

Postby LarsBud » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:17 am

Hi Guys,

You all know how Chevy does not support our Aveo’s in the aftermarket Performance Division. Well I think it is about time we let them know we want then to get on the ball and give us parts.
It’s up to ever one of us to write into GM and tell them we want parts and there’s a market out there for the Aveo. (http://www.gm.com/experience/technology ... /index.jsp)

This is what I sent in to GM:

Performance parts for the Aveo 5’s

I have put quite some custom work into my 2009 Aveo 5, it has become my passion and one of the top three Aveo on Cardomain.com (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3362940). As you can tell I am creating a Sport Aveo 5, but its been very hard to find aftermarket and performance parts.
I have found through the Aveo forums that I am not the only person that is into customizing the Aveo, but we are all having the same issues. The Aveo is sold all over the world, but it seem that we here in N. America have the least options. This car has the potential to be as popular as any small car in its class, if marketed better. Why are the two-tone leather sport seats not offered or leather rapped steering wheel and shifter? Dealer aftermarket performance breaks, lowering spring, engine up grades and air intakes. These are things that your competitors provide.Chevy does a great job of supporting there big blocks, but not the new 4 cylinders that are the up and comers.
Support us Chevy, thanks.

The Aveo 5 is a small and sporty car, but we are so very limited here in North America with options and aftermarket parts. In Europe and Asia this car has many more options and aftermarket parts availed from the dealer.
Chevy needs to make and support the performance market for a new class of car builders. It is not like the parts aren’t out there, they just need to be brought into North America from Asia and European suppliers.

This will let Chevy enter the tuner market with there own class of car. The Aveo 5 and the Euro 3 door are a great base to build from. The aftermarket industry is booming and more and more people are enjoying the ability to customize their car.

You overall risks would be quite low since these products already are out there. It would be the initial cost of the marketing, cataloging, importation and distributing from a central point in North America.

The more of us that write in the higher the chance to have GM do something.
SO WRITE!!!!!

Monzaveo

Re: Get GM to make Performance Parts!!!

Postby Monzaveo » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:10 am

Excellent intentions, and kudo's for taking the time to write the letter..

But Chevy/GM makes cars...not aftermarket parts.

I know GM was tied in big with 'RK sport' back when the Cavalier was being produced.

I could be wrong though...

You mention us here in N. America with the least amount of options.....Thats exactly what they intended...

The Aveo get's the US consumer into GM showrooms, where they can either be 'upsold' to a more profitable model, or they can get into an Aveo, and be back buying another GM in a few years.

(read- your supposed to be sick of your car and back into a showroom for a trade in in as little as 3 years)

Thats the bottom line of selling millions of vehicles.

There's no reason for them to be concerned with aftermarket parts.

They can give that appearance. They do appreciate the people who keep the classics alive, and people who sport up there cars, but thats only because it helps them sell more new cars.

Lets say Chevy could sell some hardware to make an Aveo faster than a Camaro.... But then there not selling new Camaro's , Or Cobalt Sports, or New Sparks...

See where this is going?

LarsBud

Postby LarsBud » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:47 am

Chrysler has their Mopar parts and you can get everything for you 4 bangers to your big block 8's
GM has a large after market production (speed parts) for there 8 and 6's, but nothing here for the 1.6's. This does not have to be that way, there are plenty of parts they can offer from Asia and Europe, right from the plants there.
To be in the world market one needs to think of the bigger picture. You don't turn your back on a chance to make more money and get a piece of a growing trend. Companies that think "what I have is good enough", die. That's why companies like Hyundai are stealing the market away from North American automakers. Not everyone wants a musical car.

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:19 pm

good luck, the aveo is being phased out by GM anyways, there is too much negative criticism for GM to invest into the development for parts for the aveo, i wish they would though, but it would not make sense for them to do so
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000185677338

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124271

XJCasper

Postby XJCasper » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:56 am

Didn't really read the post, but based on the subject.

You are talking about a company that has bad enough management that they used our Fed Gvt for their personal bank.

Your talking about a company that is not interested in selling parts in the US.
My example. Kalos body parts.

Your talking about a company that won't send the attractive version of the Aveo to the US.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:15 am

XJCasper wrote:Didn't really read the post, but based on the subject.

You are talking about a company that has bad enough management that they used our Fed Gvt for their personal bank.

Your talking about a company that is not interested in selling parts in the US.
My example. Kalos body parts.

Your talking about a company that won't send the attractive version of the Aveo to the US.

I agree. Although GM does make nice cars they rather export cars than worry about the busniess here in the U.S. They find it more profitable selling cars in other countries than in here.

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:01 pm

plus americans only like big cars and imports only apparently
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000185677338

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124271

mikedudley17

Postby mikedudley17 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:54 pm

I myself have written to gm as well, asking for an SS package for the aveos but its not going to happen. As it is, they are cutting back on the amount of ss models they will produce. So IE, no more SS Trailblazers, Impalas, Monte Carlos...

Thats what I heard anyways.
I looked inquisitively at my beer and wondered, why aren't you in my belly?

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:56 pm

I think Aveo SS is available in Thailand?
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

mikedudley17

Postby mikedudley17 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:02 am

I dont know if that was ever confirmed. I believe I saw an ad for it on youtube at one point but who knows if its actually real or not. I do feel however there may be an "aftermarket ss package" availible overseas but its not actually produced by GM.

I looked inquisitively at my beer and wondered, why aren't you in my belly?

Return to “General Discussion”