Upgrading from 06 to 09

Non-technical discussions relating to the Chevrolet Aveo and sister models (Daewoo Kalos, Daewoo Gentra, Pontiac G3, Pontiac Wave, Suzuki Swift+, Holden Barina and Chevrolet Lova).
Petrified.Rabbit

Re: Upgrading from 06 to 09

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:27 pm

0% for 36 months, 9900 car - 4300 trade in = @ $156 a month

even if not @ 0 % its a hell of a deal. I think of being a deal break as something where you can do better at another dealership. I don't think you could get close to that deal anywhere else?

however is your current car still under warranty? if so and they cannot fix it, i would think the factory would step in and either fix it (dealer should offer you more if it is problem free?) or the factory should do a "buyback" which supposedly is full retail value, closer to 6000 i am guessing in this case. I don't know how things work in canada though.

g30360

Postby g30360 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:50 pm

Well I got the car yesterday, its great. runs great despite the -23c temp (before windchill.)
It looks great too. there was a few things I wanted to ask you guys. do yours have the shift indicator light? mine does not and I am guessing it is a US thing. how about the trip computer that shows your MPG or reaming millage in the tank? mine also does not have this. I would have liked both of those things, perhaps its just a mater or chaining the cluster? I am also wondering about the On Star, I don't think I would ever use it unless it was an emergency or something. they told me to click the On button some time today, perhaps that will start my free trail? I am thinking I wont do that. What do you guys think? From what I read the emergency button requires a subscription! that is absolutely ridiculous
You can contact emergency services on a cell phone without any subscription, it should be the same with On Star. Anyways Ill try to post some pics soon

Oh, petrified rabbit:
That price, 9900 was after the trade in. And I added an additional 3 years warrentee and 20,000KM's
a total of 6 years or 80,000 KM (49,709Miles) bassed on the amount I drive I should get to 6 years first.
The final total was 13026 including my car and my payments are 176 every 2 weeks for 3 years

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:27 pm

i was wondering how you were getting it so cheap. even so that isa good deal.

i activated my onstar. that way if the car breaks down you can use all their services (save my AAA tows)
i didn't think canadian models had onstar?
i had a lot of fun with onstar though, but i only kept it for the year, way too much money to keep it after the year is up.

i has a shift light it is worthless less me to shift at 2500 rpm. i am almost always above that.

The trip mpg thing, never heard of that. I don't know that i would put the effort into it having it though.

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:31 pm

Yeah, my salesman activated my OnStar for me. We messed with that girls so much. He was like "Yeah, we've been out at the bar celebrating and we uh can't seem to remember our way home so could you give us directions to this address?" lol She was like uh, ummm Idk if I can do that...I have the shift light, it's pretty useless. The trip meter and miles left in tanks gauges are only in the newer 07-10 sedan gauge clusters. Post up some pics of that bad boy man, don't make us find you. Congrats on the car bro.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:27 am

WOLFMAN AK907 wrote:Yeah the 09' still has the D16 tranny. I'm not peticularly fond of it. I don't know about you rabbit, but mines is somewhat hard shifting...like I think 3rd is the worst, you really kinda have to puch it to shift gears. It feels like just now after 6500 miles its finally starting to loosen up a bit. I wonder if that has to do with the weight of the gear oil up here in the cold? Who knows? Anyways, you will love the 09'. It's a fantastic car and slowly but surely custom parts are appearing for it...not many but a few.

They are all the same unfortunately and they all stuck in 3rd gear :)
Who knows, maybe we`ll have some day solution for this...

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:17 am

i have no problems with third gear. maybe the short shift kit fixes this problem?

the only problem i have is with the short shifter i seem to have "gated" first gear. i cannot get it into first when the car is cold unless i put it in second first. Which is really not an issue at all.

i also figured out the side to side on the shifter to so i am going to mess with that this spring and reduce the throw side to side.

Return to “General Discussion”