question about european 1.6ecotec

Non-technical discussions relating to the Chevrolet Aveo and sister models (Daewoo Kalos, Daewoo Gentra, Pontiac G3, Pontiac Wave, Suzuki Swift+, Holden Barina and Chevrolet Lova).
clean hb

question about european 1.6ecotec

Postby clean hb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:58 pm

hey guys, i guess i'm on a quest to squeeze all the performance possible out of my aveo. i know these cars have potential, and i bought mine because, a)i wanted a new hatch, b) i didnt want a honda fit, nissan versa, or toyota yaris like the rest of the world. Anyway i was looking at the european line of gm's, and its seems they all got a powerful version of our 1.6 ecotec. or is it?? cars like the opel insignia, vauxhalls corsa and meriva all have a "1.6 ecotec turbo" making around 180hp. so my question is, is this the same engine in our cars, or did gm make completely different engines for them.

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: question about european 1.6ecotec

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:06 pm

there are a few topics discussing this in the engine and drivetrain forum. Do some reading in there. There are a lot of options out then but nothing has been confirmed yet. Partly because the european aveos do not have the ecotech 1.6 to directly compare. Also because those engine are not over here for us to look at.

What year is your car again? If you do not have an 09, and have an Etech? then you can swap in a 2.0

Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:13 am

Euro 1.2 is an S-TecII. Surely GM made all Aveos with the same engine mounting points? I'm gonna take a look at a Corsa VXRs mounts and see how they compare to my 1.2
The only modified Aveo in Scotland!

clean hb

Postby clean hb » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:47 pm

yea do that if u can chris... if a swap was possible, or even a transplant of certain things over to ours, that would be awesome.

Return to “General Discussion”