New car

Non-technical discussions relating to the Chevrolet Aveo and sister models (Daewoo Kalos, Daewoo Gentra, Pontiac G3, Pontiac Wave, Suzuki Swift+, Holden Barina and Chevrolet Lova).
Denis

Re: New car

Postby Denis » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:53 pm

AveoRob wrote:Seems like you are looking for used, but man there are some serious rebates out there. For instance on a 2010 cobalt, there is 2K rebate + 1K bonus rebate + 1K overage rebate and if you or anyone in your household has a pontiac, saturn, or toyota there is another 1K conquest rebate. So 4K to 5K in rebates. That is huge. Many other dealers offer recent college grad rebates that you may qualify for if you graduate in 6 months. If you take the rebates and your cash down, the payment would be minimal for a short term.

Something to think about..new car smell....warranty....not someone else's headache...better resale

i tryed that and still cant get a car with power everything, AC keyless any cheaper then 12 000$ which is double what i wana pay

2004 Suzuki Swift+S (Adventure Vehicle/Winter Car)
2008 Mitsubishi Galant (Daily driver/Highway Boat)

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:51 pm

AveoRob wrote:
thehunterooo wrote:if that car has a savage title, and they fixed it, it could not have been too bad at all, go for it

Do not take this advice. If it is a salvage title, run.

i dont know why you would run from that, knowing why it was savaged is important. The car already has low used value, and insurance companys will total the car in a heartbeat. It is only 5 grand for a car with 12000 on meter, cant be that bad
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000185677338

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124271

Matt

Postby Matt » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:06 pm

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet about buying a car from out of state. You will likely have to pay tax on it before you can the title. I even had to do that moving from buffalo to baltimore..between the aveo and my wifes yaris we paid almost a grand to get maryland titles and tags.

Denis

Postby Denis » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:05 pm

Matt wrote:Something that hasn't been mentioned yet about buying a car from out of state. You will likely have to pay tax on it before you can the title. I even had to do that moving from buffalo to baltimore..between the aveo and my wifes yaris we paid almost a grand to get maryland titles and tags.

ya but if im from NY, i would not have to pay tax in OH, and i would just register it in NY

Matt

Postby Matt » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:35 pm

true, I just don't want you to get screwed twice by the government.

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:36 pm

Salvage titles are a touchy subject. There's a lot of different views on them. I personally have owned 4 cars with salvage titles, but they were all cars I turned into projects and stuff. I had a Dodge Dakota that had a salvage title because the plastic bumper got smashed and it tweaked the frame slightly. The guy who sold it to me told me this up front and had all the proper paperwork detailing why the vehicle has a salvage titile and all the paperwork confirming the repairs and the frame inspection paperwork from chrysler stating that the frame measurements were corrected and are now true and straight. Something like that is not a big deal, when you absolutely know that is all the problems. It all depends, most the time though salvage titles have a very low resale value...something to think about.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:19 am

WOLFMAN AK907 wrote:Salvage titles are a touchy subject. There's a lot of different views on them. I personally have owned 4 cars with salvage titles, but they were all cars I turned into projects and stuff. I had a Dodge Dakota that had a salvage title because the plastic bumper got smashed and it tweaked the frame slightly. The guy who sold it to me told me this up front and had all the proper paperwork detailing why the vehicle has a salvage titile and all the paperwork confirming the repairs and the frame inspection paperwork from chrysler stating that the frame measurements were corrected and are now true and straight. Something like that is not a big deal, when you absolutely know that is all the problems. It all depends, most the time though salvage titles have a very low resale value...something to think about.

if its shady i would avoid it, but for myself, i dont worry about it for something like this, judgement of the car and seller are key
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000185677338

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124271

AveoRob

Postby AveoRob » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:34 am

edited
Last edited by AveoRob on Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AveoRob

Postby AveoRob » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:50 am

edited
Last edited by AveoRob on Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Denis

Postby Denis » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:57 am

AveoRob wrote:
Denis wrote:
AveoRob wrote:Seems like you are looking for used, but man there are some serious rebates out there. For instance on a 2010 cobalt, there is 2K rebate + 1K bonus rebate + 1K overage rebate and if you or anyone in your household has a pontiac, saturn, or toyota there is another 1K conquest rebate. So 4K to 5K in rebates. That is huge. Many other dealers offer recent college grad rebates that you may qualify for if you graduate in 6 months. If you take the rebates and your cash down, the payment would be minimal for a short term.

Something to think about..new car smell....warranty....not someone else's headache...better resale

i tryed that and still cant get a car with power everything, AC keyless any cheaper then 12 000$ which is double what i wana pay

OK, then here is another consideration. Since you are a low mile driver, with 35K on an 04....

I would look at leasing a 2010 VW Jetta. Right now with 2K down you get 199/mo for a 5spd all power AC traction control 170hp, blah blah blah..the list goes on. no need to mod it, it's all there. And you would be stylin'

This will allow you to bank the difference and make the payment from that for a good portion of the lease, and keep your options open. At the end of 3 yrs if you like it, buy it, if your are super successful by then, get the benz and turn in the jetta.

Lots of options out there so don't sweat the forenza being sold.

i dont like lease because u dont get to keep the car at the end, your responsible for that car, if i would to total it i would owe crap load of money on it, plus insurance would need to be full coverage.

i rather buy a car cheap and keep it as a daily driver like my aveo for 5 years and get a expensive toy, if i were to get a high mileage daily i would be selling it every year and geting something else every year, with a car like a 2007 forenza with 13 000 miles on it i would not have to worry about popin the hood to fix shit.

Return to “General Discussion”