Aveo 0 to 60 spec

Non-technical discussions relating to the Chevrolet Aveo and sister models (Daewoo Kalos, Daewoo Gentra, Pontiac G3, Pontiac Wave, Suzuki Swift+, Holden Barina and Chevrolet Lova).
Petrified.Rabbit

Re: Aveo 0 to 60 spec

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:30 pm

actually, i am going to use local terms as i dont "know" what the proper terms are, if you use a toploader transmission, instead of a tailshift, then the shifter will be more forward and close to the stock location.

RWD would be fun, but if i was not going to modify the actual chassis, just the mounts.

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:12 pm

Petrified.Rabbit wrote:yeah, i am holing out for the 09 turbo though, but if this engine get "tired" and i haven't found one, then i will go ahead with a supercharged engine.
the turbo version has SO much more potential. plus i could stay within manufacturing requirement for emissions (need to swap for something the same year or newer.

Correct, it does have to be the same year or newer, but I think the car the engine is offered in has to be in the same class as your current car. I thought they talked about that on Xtreme 4x4 or something...Maybe it was MuscleCar TV. Idk, one of those Spike shows.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:19 am

being from the same family is a minor technicality.

mine is an ecotec now, so it IS from the same ENGINE family. And with out local obd2 test they just scan it and it needs to pass a readiness test, that makes it easy.

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:41 pm

Good to know. Thanks.

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”