Chevrolet says: No More Aveos

Non-technical discussions relating to the Chevrolet Aveo and sister models (Daewoo Kalos, Daewoo Gentra, Pontiac G3, Pontiac Wave, Suzuki Swift+, Holden Barina and Chevrolet Lova).
NYChevoo

Chevrolet says: No More Aveos

Postby NYChevoo » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:14 pm

Ok everyone, hate to be the bearer of bad news. I wanted to see why the Chevrolet websites had not been update to reflect the arrival of the 2011 Aveo. The Chevrolet representative told me that there will be no more Aveo. Its done. Needless to say I am extremely dissappointed. Here is a copy of the chat transcript from this morning.
Chat Transcript:
Welcome to Chevrolet. Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...You have been connected to Marie J. Marie J: Hi Fred! How can I help you?

Fred: Hey good morning!

Fred: is this Danbury Chevy, or Chevrolet itself

Marie J: I am with General Motors.

Fred: ok, cool. i have been buying Chevrolets right straight along since I have been driving so lets say I'm very satisfied except for one minor detail.

Fred: right now i have a 2002 Z71 Suburban, and a 2004 Aveo Sedan, and its time to replace the Aveo because she has 115K on her. Shes served me well but I was entertaining the idea of buying a new Aveo and keeping the 04 too.

Fred: I want to buy a 2011 Aveo but do not see it on any Chevrolet website

Fred: did you all stop production?

Marie J: Thank you for your loyalty to Chevrolet. Unfortunately, they are not making a 2011 Aveo. They are now making a vehicle called the Cruze. The Cruze has the spaciousness and amenities of a midsize car with the fuel economy and price of a compact.

Fred: what!!!!!!

Fred: what about a 2012 Aveo?

Marie J: Unfortunatley, we do not have information if there will be a 2012 model, but my thought would be no.

Marie J: What is it about the Aveo that you like?

Fred: you guys are killing me!

Fred: My Aveo is the most awesome little 4 cyl car I have ever owned. I'm 6ft 1" and havent been able to fit into a small car comfortable since I was in my teens. Also its real zippy, and drives well, and is perfect for what I use it for. Everyday driving. My 02 Suburban has like 78K on it and like I said the Aveo has 115K on it.

Fred: I'm going to have to find low mileage used Aveos

Marie J: The 1.4 turbo Cruze will deliver highway fuel economy ranging from 38 to 40 mpg depending on transmission and model.

Fred: oh, the Aveo is awesome in the snow!

Fred: so what youre telling me is that the Aveo is done permanently

Marie J: A used vehicle is also an option. I am going to refer you to the GM certified pre-owned vehicle web site http://www.gmcertified.com if you would like to locate a vehicle.

Marie J: Unfortunately, I do not know if they will be brining the Aveo back but I highly doubt it at this time.

Fred: I was hoping for this! http://www.autoincar.com/wp-content/upl ... edan-1.jpg

Fred: please copy and paste that and you'll see what i mean

Fred: its a pic of the 2012 Aveo Sedan

Marie J: I know it is hard once you find a good product, and they take it away. I do see the picture of the vehicle, it is sharp looking. Unfortunately, according to my resources I am unaware of a 2012 Aveo and nothing is planned.

Fred: Ok I guess then I'll have to see about the new Cruze. Such a shame about the Aveo. There are a lot of us who really like it.

Marie J: I think you'll find the Cruze quite nice, If not we still have plenty 2010's for you. Best of luck,and enjoy your Aveo!

He drives like a man on his way home from work!
00 Jeep Grand Cherokee
02 Chevy Suburban Z71
04 Aveo Sedan (Silver)
07 Aveo Hatchback (Active Red)
85 Mercedes 300SD

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: Chevrolet says: No More Aveos

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:43 pm

From what i have seen, the 2011 model is a no go. they are already producing something else like the cruze with a 1.6l (when will it be 1.4t 2010 models?) , and they are tooling for the 2012 in the us.

korea isn't supposedly making the new aveo at all, which is good for US industry i guess if the world supply is us built..

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/29/push ... aewoo-out/

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2010042 ... /100429798

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10811081465 ... s-in-korea

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:15 pm

I had a feeling they werent gonna make a 2011 version of the aveo because they had to set up the factory that will be making the aveo/cruze. I think its still too early to say if there will be a 2012 or not. Hopefully gm does release the aveo.

kamikaze

Postby kamikaze » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:33 pm

sorry I'm a retared :ugeek:
so they are stoping production of the Aveo or just no new models?

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:09 pm

i think the new aveo we've all seen will be made. whether they call it aveo might be questionable.

NYChevoo

Postby NYChevoo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:18 am

A couple of days ago I recieved a Chevrolet printed magazine called "Inside". It was kinda weird that I recieved it and really wasnt expecting it but never the less it came in the mail. One of the statements made in the issue was that Chevrolet was going to be moving its focus to "small exciting cars". They mentioned the 2011 Aveo and the "next generation" Aveo for 2012. The magazine mostly focused on the Cruze arriving in the 3rd quarter of 2010. So I guess that person I spoke with knew nothing. Now if theres going to be a 2011 Aveo wheres the car on the Chevrolet website?
00 Jeep Grand Cherokee
02 Chevy Suburban Z71
04 Aveo Sedan (Silver)
85 Mercedes 300SD

VilSouth

Postby VilSouth » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:33 am

yours diller are still do not have cruze??? :o
... в хорошем разговоре не все говорится...

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:11 am

VilSouth wrote:yours diller are still do not have cruze??? :o

The Cruze hasn't been released in the US yet.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:31 am

WOLFMAN AK907 wrote:
VilSouth wrote:yours diller are still do not have cruze??? :o

The Cruze hasn't been released in the US yet.

its because our are going to be made in ohio.. so we don't have the factory up and running yet.. chevy is supposedly going to cut away from daewoo, which i think is a mistake based on quality for money. but all the car reviewers in the us will not talk about the poor quality of the us version compared to the korean if the unions give them enough $$$..

And the aveo is not on the website because the website is US based, and they dont have a US built aveo to put on it..?

(total guess)

NYChevoo

Postby NYChevoo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:26 am

I went into the Chevrolet website today and its now updated. They do list a 2011 Chevy Aveo, and it also reflects the Cruze on the website not as a future car, but as one for sale. Now I really want to buy something. My only holdback is do I buy the Cruze, or wait for the 2012 Aveo which I really wanted to buy in the first place. Even if I buy something I'm going to hold on to the Aveo I have now. No point selling or trading in a perfectly great running car that still drives great! It paid off, and really costs me nothing to keep.

00 Jeep Grand Cherokee
02 Chevy Suburban Z71
04 Aveo Sedan (Silver)
85 Mercedes 300SD

Return to “General Discussion”