petrified.rabbit's build thread

This forum is for a continuous build threads of the progression of your car.
Reddemonx92

Re: petrified.rabbit's build thread

Postby Reddemonx92 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Hey rabbit are you still making the conversion kit for other people to get rear discs?

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:19 pm

yes i will be, that is something on my mill..

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:21 am

Cool did you ever finish producing the end link kit so we can put the coilovers on? still waiting on you to finish everythin up so i can buy

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:52 am

i have mine up, but to build the links out of pieces was WAY too expensive, i am working on matching it to a ksport link, or having built custom links via manufacturer to save money. But since i am not ordering thousands at a time, companies are not taking me too seriously.

I am going to place an order here soon, for about 10 links (5 cars worth) and then once those sell, i will buy 10 more..

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:14 pm

Oh ok then we would have to mod the new links on to our car or is that already what your doing when you order the 10 links?

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:53 pm

The link kit will be bolt on. I am getting the made to bolt on along with the rest of the kit.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Cool once you get everything set up i should have money to buy.. Pretty soon ima end up being like hunter saying i gota wait till august for a return check lol.

chad396a

Postby chad396a » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:05 am

i would greatly appreciate a diy for the AC system. I have no clue about doing AC n where was the one for the fog lights?
09 Aveo 5 LS Hatch

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:13 am

i'll work on writing up a diy for the ac.. the factory fog lights just screw onto the posts in the bumper. i used an aftermarket wiring harness and switch because the relay etc wasnt wired up in my car like the books / computer said it would be, svm thing maybe?

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:13 pm

i'll start writing up the diy for the ac.. i took it all out :shock: i figured out there are some differences in the systems that go with the engines..

(i actually went to a dealership and climbed under an aveo in the showroom to compare what i had to the newer aveos setup..)

enough is the same, condensor, main double line, pressure swtich.

things that are different: control switch (obviously matched to dash). the compressor, early used a 4 bolt mount, and single serp belt, the newer is 3 tab mount, and double 4 rib belts, plus the front hoses are different. and the connection block to the compressor..

(note, used exchange reference is wrong. if the compressor says it also firs a 3.8l engine IT IS NOT going to fit the aveo..)

i had all the lines in my car but no compressor, i discovered this when i went to put the compressor in. need 2 different lines and a different compressor...

current state of my car:

Return to “Members Rides”