Demon's Build

This forum is for a continuous build threads of the progression of your car.
Petrified.Rabbit

Re: Demon's Build

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:40 am

99% sure, but ill look at mine today to tell you, just because it takes me less time than it takes you.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:04 am

i got one more class today but after that ima check my coils and see. Cus it sounds like theres something loose and rattling in the back but it isnt the mount cus i checked and the bolts are tight

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:53 am

Make sure the shock rod isn't loose in the mount. And that the lower washer is still there in the right direction (cup facing mount)

Also make sure the noise is suspension related. Your rising really stiff (especially on bumpstops) so something else could be rattling. Like in the spare tire well in the trunk etc.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:13 pm

I took that into account too. However my oem shocks didnt have a lower washer only top one.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:35 pm

:shock:

i bet thats why your shafts are so high and poking through.. my car definitely had a washer below the mount.. its even in my pictures. that what holds the shaft under the mount. I looked on gmpartdirect.com and it doesn't show a washer there in the exploded view, i'm not sure why my car already had it. but i can say for sure that is the reason for one of your problems.

swap the oem washer to the bottom of the mount (make sure its not bigger than the cup, ie when it tightened done the washer isnt contacting the metal of the mount, just rubber), and than add a flat washer at the top

also i just thought of this, but if your bump stops are holding the car up, then the springs might be loose enough to cause the noise your hearing.

that should fix both of your problems.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:44 pm

woohoo. Thank god for the internet lol. but yea maybe i should have mentioned that earlier that i didn't have a lower washer. But i hope everyone else doing this learns from my errors and installs theirs right the first time. if you have any more pics that would help the write be more detailed that'll help. my dad was thinking that was the problem too with me only having one washer and ur pic shows 2.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:46 pm

you should have called me right then :P

i am adding it to the write up right now. i dont have pictures specifically. if you could snap some while you redo it i would appreciate it.

Sorry for the trouble. but it seems like it will work out.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:37 pm

I did everything know. I cut the bumper to the same spot you did. I moved the washer to the bottom and added another washer to the top. However it still isnt lowered. Its pretty much still stock height and i moved the red collar down to 1.5" thread to see. I didnt get your last post till after i finished everything so couldnt take pics sorry. And does the black boot need to be there? seems like its getting in the way because it squinches up i put the car back on the ground.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:44 pm

the black boot isn't entirely necessary, so you could leave it out, i don't understand why your not getting lower though. At this point if you were on the bump stop, then it should have lowered it at least as much as you cut. You did take the stock springs out right?
:?

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:09 pm

What stock springs are you talking about lol? And i cut as much as you did to see if i can atleast get it to your height. Ima move the collar back up though to 2.5" of thread under it since having it at 1.5 didnt make a difference.

Return to “Members Rides”