serega12's build thread

This forum is for a continuous build threads of the progression of your car.
Nemasys

Re: serega12's build thread

Postby Nemasys » Tue May 04, 2010 12:02 pm

I sometime check it from work on my LG Rumour :o crappy ass browser but im able to chek it out lol

2004 Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged
- T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
- HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
- FMIC with 2.5" piping
- Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57

serega12

Postby serega12 » Wed May 05, 2010 7:09 am

Nemasys wrote:The only thing i hate about the versus bodykits is how high the rear bumber is from the ground compared to the other pieces.

Very nice ride tho!

Nemasys, that was one of the things that didn't impress me in a good way either when I first installed it, but then I noticed that it actually flows with the lines of the front bumper and the sideskirts when viewed from the side, so I was ok with it (beats having stock bumper that doesn't flow with any lines of the body kit). I'll tell you one thing though, I was thankful many times for that bumper being so high when I back-in park by stores and on other parkin lots with unnecessarily high concrete blocks for tire-stoppers... :D If my rear bumper was as low as my front, I wouldn't be able to back up to the curb at all (and that's just something I'm used to doing)...
Versus Drift FG kit/L3 Fenders/CF Hood/H&Rs/KYBs/MSR 17s/K&N/2.25" exh/Proj HID H/Ls & F/Ls 10k/3k/LED tails/20% tint/Clifford alarm/rem start/Sony/Infinity/PolkMOMO sound

serega12

Postby serega12 » Wed May 05, 2010 7:11 am

WOLFMAN AK907 wrote:
Petrified.Rabbit wrote:so your running the forum from a blackberry i am running the forum from an iphone.. , hmm..

I'm sure the iPhone is much easier to navigate with. Lol. My BlackBerry does ok though, I can't complain too much. I really want an iPhone though, or a Droid. Not too sure yet...

Android user here... Motorola CLIQ. Love the browser on here, very "life-like"... I can actually view the pics in full resolution and the text is fitted into columns that I can read on the screen so I don't have to scroll left and right. Pretty intuitive OS for a phone.
Versus Drift FG kit/L3 Fenders/CF Hood/H&Rs/KYBs/MSR 17s/K&N/2.25" exh/Proj HID H/Ls & F/Ls 10k/3k/LED tails/20% tint/Clifford alarm/rem start/Sony/Infinity/PolkMOMO sound

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed May 05, 2010 8:31 am

my iphone lets me do that, i havent found anything the droid "does" that you cant do on the iphone..

it uses a really browser too, the only thing i dont like is if your scrolling and you pause your finger while your reading, if the site has bing you end op opening like 20 pages..

serega12

Postby serega12 » Thu May 06, 2010 3:43 am

Petrified.Rabbit wrote:my iphone lets me do that, i havent found anything the droid "does" that you cant do on the iphone..

it uses a really browser too, the only thing i dont like is if your scrolling and you pause your finger while your reading, if the site has bing you end op opening like 20 pages..

I know this is a little off topic, but the whole Verizon Droid thing I think is a little over-done... I'm not very impressed by it, I think the big part of it is not liking Verizon too much after they over-charged me two months in a row for FiOS.

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Fri May 07, 2010 2:43 am

i would pick a droid over iphone, but a jailbroken iphone is still the best
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000185677338

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124271

AveoSwagg09

Postby AveoSwagg09 » Sat May 08, 2010 9:11 pm

I have the new droid incredible its not motorola its HTC made but thedroid is just the os for the phone. im very pleased by it.

serega12

Postby serega12 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:35 am

Anyways, so back to what I've done so far... I installed the CAI (ChromeIntakes Piping, AEM Air Bypass Valve, and K&N cone filter), NGK Iridium spark plugs with NGK wire set, and silver gauge overlays from whitegauges.net. The latter gave me some troubles (I'm on my second set) but they look better second time around so I'm keeping them on. While I was replacing those I added a little touch of CF look to my cluster... let me know what you think!

So without further due:

My cold air intake:

My NGK wire set:

My silver gauge overlays installed in the cluster:

The cluster installed back in the car:

Comments always welcome!

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Thu May 13, 2010 2:15 pm

looking good,

a thought just can to mind. is that rear bumper and add on rear? ie, only get the bottom half and mold it on?

serega12

Postby serega12 » Thu May 13, 2010 4:41 pm

No, that's a complete bumper. It's a bit higher in the middle than the stock bumper, but the sides come down further and flow nice with the rest of the kit IMO... I like it (apparently) 8-)

Here's a close up shot of it:

Return to “Members Rides”