Good turbine for the aveo?

WOLFMAN AK907

Re: Good turbine for the aveo?

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:53 am

Look at this, the guy shows up on his first day and finds a turbo kit for the aveo. Sickening :lol: :lol: Thanks chris.

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

xiaogary

Postby xiaogary » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:39 pm

The catalyst or down pipe get in the way of the oil filter. So it does not fit. I rather use a T3 turbo, AR42 size to run with a self made turbo manifold for Aveo. Project is on the way. Do check out my posts if you are interested in boosting your aveo.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:00 pm

i have a few things to mention here, more so questions, i have been looking for about a 1/2 hour.

the VXR engine looks more like the new ecotec in the 09 and up. Same valve cover design, more similar manifolds, but i cannot get enough pictures of the VXR 1.6 16v turbo engine to be too sure though. cannot locate the oil filter etc..

the 09 aveo also has more "bosch" style electronics, we have a MAF, coil pack on the plugs, etc.. When my fuel pump died, the dealer even made a comment they had to special order a bosch fuel pump. Not sure if that is accurate though, but the sensors i can see look the same configuration (maf, o2, etc)

Vesus:

maybe this will be more direct for ecotec based aveos?

precisionboost

Postby precisionboost » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:13 pm

xiaogary wrote:The catalyst or down pipe get in the way of the oil filter. So it does not fit. I rather use a T3 turbo, AR42 size to run with a self made turbo manifold for Aveo. Project is on the way. Do check out my posts if you are interested in boosting your aveo.

That is most certainly a possibility with respect to the oil filter... but relocation is easy.

Perhaps you have the ability like me to make anything you want.... but for most.... this simple factory GM manifold and turbo will be the best option ( and cheapest I might add )

Personally the only thing I'd use a T3 for is holding a screen door open..... GT series turbos are more efficient, spool up quicker and produce more power.

I took off a T3 Super 60 from my 2.0L 16V and moved up to a GT3071R (much larger turbo) and yet I spool up quicker an make more power than the old T3 Super 60

precisionboost

Postby precisionboost » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:23 pm

Petrified.Rabbit wrote:the VXR engine looks more like the new ecotec in the 09 and up. Same valve cover design, more similar manifolds, but i cannot get enough pictures of the VXR 1.6 16v turbo engine to be too sure though. cannot locate the oil filter etc..

the 09 aveo also has more "bosch" style electronics, we have a MAF, coil pack on the plugs, etc.. When my fuel pump died, the dealer even made a comment they had to special order a bosch fuel pump. Not sure if that is accurate though, but the sensors i can see look the same configuration (maf, o2, etc)

maybe this will be more direct for ecotec based aveos?

I can promise you that there have been about 20 different engine management systems for the 1.6L Iron block Ecotec which has been around since the early 80's (perhaps even earlier)..... MAF/MAP..... doesn't make much difference either way.

Given the Corsa VXR, new Aveo, Old Aveo, Lanos and a dozen other cars all have 1.6L with 79mm bore X 81.5mm stroke I have to think it's simply the same old engine with a new head design.

According to WIKI they still class this new twinport as a GM Family 1 engine.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Family_1_engine

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:59 pm

They do look very similair. It wouldn't be very hard to relocate the oil filter. Mine on my s10 is right bhind the driver's side headlight.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

xiaogary

Postby xiaogary » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:49 am

what do u think of a T3 turbo with AR ratio of 0.42 and 0.48 at exos and compressor side. It wrote EVO III on the turbo. Is it too big for Aveo?

limegreen

Postby limegreen » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:07 pm

couldn't you just slide a plate between the head and the exhaust manifold?
that would cover the egr groove in the head and just cut out some holes to match the exhaust manifold?

Im sorry I was thinking the groove was in the head not the exhaust manifold and got home and
posted before i realized my mistake, making myself look like an idiot on my first post

please feel free to delete
Last edited by limegreen on Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:11 pm

that is essentially what a flange is..

what are you trying to explain?

exist3nce

Postby exist3nce » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:28 pm

Nemasys wrote:T04B V-Spec

Hhaha that turbo sounds familiar..... :)

This new site looks really good..... I'm glad theres so much new interest in turbos and real performance mods.

I think the Aveo would be well suited with a GT25 as Chris mentioned, but if that is too expensive, a used K04 would do nicely.

2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti
F28 6spd gearbox / KW V3 Coilovers
Boosted and Daily driven since Dec. 2006
T04B V-Trim & E-Manage Blue

Return to “Engine / Drivetrain”