1.6L Corsa VXR turbo manifold fits Aveo engine

Chris

Re: 1.6L Corsa VXR turbo manifold fits Aveo engine

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:41 am

Block is the same but will need the VXR twinport head to match the manifold as it's lighter and the waterpump is mounted differently. The egr won't work with the aveo either (not that it's needed!) I'm looking into weather the astra twinport head will work.

The only modified Aveo in Scotland!

precisionboost

Postby precisionboost » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:33 pm

I believe GSE_Turbo is probably gone for good...... so I doubt there will be any gasket matching any time soon

The key thing is the bolt pattern..... the rest can be "figured out" fairly easy.

ljming99

Postby ljming99 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:52 pm

WOLFMAN AK907 wrote:I read on Daewootech that xioagary may have had turbo headers custom made? I'll pm him to get some more info.

Those headers are custom made from EVO III turbo manifold.

Some of us here were actually discussing if its possible to use the "short" header which our workshop has custom made as a direct bolt on replacement of the OE header.

But there will be a need to relocate the cat and the flexible piping at the bottom.

Just a shot of what i previously used to have, but i couldnt take the smell of the fumes "de-cat"

marmite369

Postby marmite369 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:04 pm

do you have a link to the site which sells these as it would be interesting to see how much they charge compared to xioagary, especially if they are a direct bolt on as such

ljming99

Postby ljming99 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:21 am

marmite369 wrote:do you have a link to the site which sells these as it would be interesting to see how much they charge compared to xioagary, especially if they are a direct bolt on as such

The short manifold which i have shown should be going around us$250.

The workshop which i deal with do export them out but i guess it will have to be in bulk with at least 10 or more.

It will be cheaper than shipping just 1.

Return to “Engine / Drivetrain”