HELP ME WITH MY SWAP!

Monzaveo

Re: HELP ME WITH MY SWAP!

Postby Monzaveo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Will you need a new pcm? Or how about a wiring harness for things like the clutch pedal safety switch?

Be sure to also get the clutch pedal set-up from the donor car too.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:28 pm

pcm is one thing i could not verify, but decided for the $75 on ebay it would be worth it. just in case'

other things to look into:

different master cylinder- since the car has a hydraulic clutch it most likely ties into the brake system, same setuo?

axles differ?

speedo cable, reverse switch

starter

plugging the trans cooler if in the radiator

shifter, related brackets, correct center console pieces etc..

the clutch switch we discussed running the neutral safety switch wires to the clutch pedal so the circuit works only when the pedal is depressed just as an automatic can only start in neutral or park.

transmission side mount the same?

lower back mount needs changed as the manual linkage uses it for the pivot

figure out shifter control. ie wiring removal or vacuum lines etc need capped removed to keep leaks away.

this list is without ever seeing an automatic aveo under the hood.

and is in addition/related to commonly thought of parts like flywheel, manual trans, backing plate, clutch, shift linkage, shifter, axles, starter, computer, mounts, clutch slave cylinder, pedals, etc.

funny thing about the aveo setup is the pedal assembly doesnt need changed entirely. the clutch pedal can be added. and the break pedal pad can just be cut down. (or leave it wide) the clutch pedal is its own unit separate from the pivot assembly.

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:39 pm

My old toyota was the same way. It had the option for manual trans but was equipped with AT from the factory. So, when I swapped the manual in the pedal from my old truck bolted right in to my AT truck, the bracket was there and everything. That all sounds like way to much work. I would just trade for a manual.

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

Return to “Engine / Drivetrain”