"Performance Chips Direct" For Aveo

WOLFMAN AK907

"Performance Chips Direct" For Aveo

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:58 am

I stumbled across this earlier, not too sure what to make of it. Most "performance chips" for the Aveo are bogus. If you don't know what I mean refer to the FAQ: http://www.aveonetwork.com/viewtopic.ph ... p=115#p115

Anyways, here's the site for the "Performance Chip" in question. It would seem legit:
http://www.performancechipsdirect.com/Chevy/Aveo/

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

Nemasys

Re: "Performance Chips Direct" For Aveo

Postby Nemasys » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:26 am

FAKE! If you click on the image, a new window comes up explaining what this "chip" does, as i read thru it i found this under the Instalation section in the 1st paragraph:

"There is no soldering involved. You'll locate your vehicle's IAT sensor and your new Chip will be installed via the factory harness."

So its another bogus "resistor" chip.

If you want the same damn thing and probly even better, unplug your IAT and your 1st O2 sensor (the one on the exhaust manifold) it will trigger a check engine light until you plug them back and drive around a little again, but the engine will produce significantly more power. Don't drive around like that too much tho, in the long run it will foul the plugs and might clog the cat, the engine also runs hotter, you can definitely feel the exhaust mani hotter then normal.

I tried this little trick on my 2.0, and it makes quite the difference.

I guess you could setup somekind of switch that would cut the signal from both sensors when you turn it on, and back to normal when its off. Just for those little ricer civic wannabes lol
2004 Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged
- T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
- HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
- FMIC with 2.5" piping
- Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:17 am

I also believe its fake because arent the new cars made with that OBDII thing that doesnt let you chip anything on ur ECU?

ontarian_frog

Postby ontarian_frog » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:50 am

Reddemonx92 wrote:I also believe its fake because arent the new cars made with that OBDII thing that doesnt let you chip anything on ur ECU?

Kinda. At first, the chip might give you better power. But as soon as you run the car until it warms up (goes into closed loop mode) monitoring the oxygen sensors, the ECU will start to adjust the short and long term fuel trims and over time learn its way around the chip. If you the ECU has to adjust the lfuel out of the safe limits, it might trigger a CEL.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:01 am

Reddemonx92 wrote:I also believe its fake because arent the new cars made with that OBDII thing that doesnt let you chip anything on ur ECU?

this is what americans are led to believe, but its not true. you only need a programmer. look at trucks, plug something into the obd2 port and can get huge hp gains "safely" European cars are also obd2 compliant and you can flash there computers with new programs for nice hpgains. All v8 chevy's have reprogamming available, the ld 2.2 for cavaliers did. etc... hell the dealership will even do it on the cobalt ss its part of the "stages"

the problem we have is no one is interested in taking the time to "crack" our code to be able to adjust our maps for more performance probably because of more than lack of market, probably because its a daewoo..

Nemasys

Postby Nemasys » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:01 am

Megasquirt the bitch and let her fly HAHAHAH!
2004 Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged
- T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
- HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
- FMIC with 2.5" piping
- Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:23 pm

i have been tempted, i have megasquirt, sds em4 and cb fuel management sitting here on a shelf.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:15 pm

2 questions....
rabbit is there anythin u dont have? :lol:
and what is megasquirt?

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:23 pm

i dont have the $200k in parts i threw away cleaning out my basement to make my wife happy.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:39 pm

$200k WTF!
that musta sucked to get rid of all of that. u can do anythin u want wit all those parts

Return to “Engine / Drivetrain”