Fuel Injectors

Manorness7

Fuel Injectors

Postby Manorness7 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:38 pm

I recently installed a 2in thrush turbo exhaust, and have a cold air intake kit. Since I have adequate air flow.. I would like to upgrade the fuel injectors and anything else that I can, to get the most out of it. What do you recommend?

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: Fuel Injectors

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:08 pm

Just doing the injectors might cause you problems. If you really want a solution get a piggy back fuel controller like the apexi or similar to adjust the pulse of the injector. And then a wideband o2 Gauge spliced in to see what your adjustments do to the air fuel ratio. If you just pit bigger injectors in the car will think it's running rich reading from the o2 and intake sensors (map and iat or maf) and cut fuel until the two are in sync. However if you install a controller that uses those sensors and adds fuel beyond the cars own capability (the car is probably already giving more fuel with the mods you've done) and you can tune it for more power. I think you'll get the results you want

Manorness7

Postby Manorness7 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:12 pm

thanks, I was looking into that from andy's autosport I think the site was... and I believe there's a seller on ebay selling AEM ECM piggy back tuners for around 400.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:06 am

so while on somewhat topic how do you install those piggyback tuners and is it good to have now that i installed my exhaust setup plus intake? remember im running a automatic so performance isnt as good as yours will be

Manorness7

Postby Manorness7 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:08 am

I believe on Daewootech.com they have a complete ECM explanation on what each pin is. And from what I understand you splice into the corresponding pins, if I had one I'd def. do a write up but since I dont really have one infront of me... I cant say anything I wrote is 100% true.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:27 pm

thats about right, you actually should break the direct connection to the factory ecm though.

i must say i am not a huge fan of piggy backs, i know they get the job done though. however you really dont need them until you do something the stock computer cannot account for. (turbo, cams, etc) i the case of the aveo with no performance chip available, i think you would be turning to the sooner than later.

Return to “Engine / Drivetrain”