Upsolute Chip tuning..

Petrified.Rabbit

Upsolute Chip tuning..

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:41 pm

Upsolute offers chip tuning for the 1.6l lacetti..

which if i am not mistaken is either the first generation EtecII aveo engine OR it is the ecotec aveo engine..

Best of all its @ 9 hp and 13 ft/lbs or torque for $350!

I am going to look into this more...
but i wanted to post incase anyone you had time too.. this is actual remapping as well not just a resistor trick..

For 9 hp on our engine this is a steal... just need to find which it is for.

Reddemonx92

Re: Upsolute Chip tuning..

Postby Reddemonx92 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Nice find rabbit cant wait for updates on this 9hp is a nice add to our engines

clean hb

Postby clean hb » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:18 pm

seems like it might be the etechII

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:57 pm

I was trying to do research on the engine and it does seem to be the etecII cus that is the engine Europe has aswell. Not sure so don't quote me ill just wait for rabbit to do alittle more research. Sucks I don't have 350 to get one. Maybe when I do taxes ill have enough

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:59 pm

i am waiting for upsolute to get back to me on what the wrote it for, so i can research which engine this is..

but i am actually leaning toward the etecII as well only because that more in line with model.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Yea. So if i take my aveo to one of these places here in hallandale, FL would they have the chip in stock and be able to install it on an aveo even though it isnt a lacetti. I wont mind driving down there. been wanting to take a little road trip lol

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:31 pm

well its a flash through the obd2 port.. so they would just load the software straight from the mainframe.. ie its in stock.

I am just trying to figure out if they would approve an attempt. if it was for my car, i would go with an back up ecu just in case..

But yeah, you could go down to the and get chipped, it would take like an hour at most..

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:31 pm

well its a flash through the obd2 port.. so they would just load the software straight from the mainframe.. ie its in stock.

I am just trying to figure out if they would approve an attempt. if it was for my car, i would go with an back up ecu just in case..

But yeah, you could go down to the and get chipped, it would take like an hour at most..

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:32 am

true but is it a difference in the ECUs if the engines are the same? just guessing if they are. And would they be willing to chip an automatic? i know some places only like to touch 5-speeds

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:07 am

the aveo seems to have a separate automatic computer.. so i dont see why it could be chipped. And yes same engine etc, but since its not written on the aveo there is a possibility it wouldnt work or not completely (like it might run but run rich). its not 100% so having a back up plan is a good idea. (you cant unflash the stock ecu.)

Return to “Engine / Drivetrain”