Upsolute Chip tuning..

Reddemonx92

Re: Upsolute Chip tuning..

Postby Reddemonx92 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:54 pm

yea i might buy another ecu before i go. Not planning on it know anyway. and did you mean that the automatic can be chipped?

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:13 pm

no i mean the auto has its own computer controlling the tansmission.. so rewriting the engine ecu should not hurt transmission function..

where if the same ecu controlled the engine and transmission, chipping it with a manual tune probably mean it would not shift or something.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:14 am

Oh ok. I didnt understand the first sentence you wrote thats y i asked sorry. So is there any specs on the way the lacetti's ecu is tuned? to try and compare it to the aveos ecu? it would be a waste to spend 350 and it wont work.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:24 am

if it turns out it is the same engine it is going to be tuned the same way..

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:56 pm

Well i no wiki isnt a reliable source so ima check some of the links that wikipedia has at the bottom but wiki does say that the 1.6L engine the lacetti has is a e-tecII

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:47 pm

see it wouldn't be a waste if upsolute offered free sample tuning like apr.. then you could try it and see if it works.

if it is the same engine, it will work. Only things i could see going wrong, if emissions accessories are different, but they should just remap the fuel trim, and not touch anything else.

call your dealer and see if they would be willing to test it for you.. (only pay if it runs).. have a back up computer just in case.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Wut you mean by emisson accessories? and what is the dealer going to test?

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:53 pm

different countries require different emissions equipment, so if say the sensors are different for ___, then you uses the program from that country you might have an issue with that sensor.. its not likely but who knows..

and test, i guess i didn't get a complete thought out, companies like apr do free test chips.. let you sample the software before you spend the 500-600(or more) on their chips.. they last like 3-4 drive cycles and revert to stock..

if upsolute had a test/sample program you could try that for free to see if it works and then buy it if it does. thats what i was thinking, but i notice i didnt type it all out.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Oh ok im planning on sending upsolute a message anyway with some questions i have. Hopefully i get a reply. Not rushing it yet anyway since i have to wait till i do my taxes.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:35 am

Heres an update for anyone that would like to read on this:

I contacted Upsolute and asked if they do that sample ecu tune and they said they dont because of fear that it will damage the ecu in the process. However they did say that they offer money back warranty if you arent happy with the result. They don't know the tune will work on our ecus because they focus mainly on the european market. They said if you go to one of the distributors they should be able to check if the tune would work on the ECU though. This is just a heads up on a reply message that they sent me. Waiting for another reply currently.

Return to “Engine / Drivetrain”