Upsolute Chip tuning..

Reddemonx92

Re: Upsolute Chip tuning..

Postby Reddemonx92 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:15 pm

Lol u wish i would get scared hunter. But i havent got my w-2s yet to do my taxes... i hate my job.... i wonder how much cams would cost anyway

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:34 pm

Rabbit, I called to check on the chip and i had to call the north american headquarters in North Carolina. When I called they told me I have to get the number of the ECU so they can match it to the lacetti and see if it would work. Any clue on where i can find this number? Theres a serial number on a white sticker but i cant read it because of the angle. And i dont know if he was talking about the number and letter combo on the side of the ecu that has a barcode under it.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:43 pm

it would be one of those two, the longer numbers usually indicates ALL the options, and matches it to your car (some companies even have the entire vin on them) the smaller number is "typically" the part number if you wanted to order one.

Their scenario works, as long as daewoo and gm used the same number sequence through the manufacturers.

I have a funny feeling from my research, you just need to try it, even a stock lacetti ecu to try plugging in.
(ill search to see if i can find a daewoo computer and an aveo computer pin out, etc..)

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:31 pm

I guess ill write down both long numbers on the side of the ECU. I didnt get to verify if both the numbers on the side are the same but it has 2 long number letter sequences with barcodes under them. But I want to find out first before I go and buy an extra ECU. Everything is still up in the air though whether it works or not.

Return to “Engine / Drivetrain”