Ahoy! There she blows!

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: Ahoy! There she blows!

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:57 pm

not true:

it comes out through the top.. i know its torn down pretty far, but its all above not outward. probably (possibly) need to take the exhaust and intake off, as its the only outward pieces.. but i suspect there is room.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Reddemonx92 wrote:How hard is it to drop it from the bottom compared to the top?

i say it depends on what you are doing. time wise with the set plan in place, either is about the same. its just dependent of tools available and which you prefer. i tend to pull engines out the top, and transmissions out the bottom. if i pull both at the same time, i call it based on how it looks like it fits.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:01 pm

one more thing to take in consideration. if you pull it from the top without the axles in, then you will probably need/lose transmission fluid.

dpawl31

Postby dpawl31 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:39 pm

I've been wanting to change the trans fluid anyway.

I found that thread via google, I wish I could get logged in and talk to him - but, alas... my account is non-functional there? Not a clue as to why.

Now I also noticed that the valve cover is different- which was fine because mine would fit.

But the 07 has a port on the back of the block for an additional breather hose, which won't connect to my valve cover.

If you are keeping score, my old motor has a good valve cover, the new motor has a cracked one (damaged when yard removed motor) and now I am in a quandary. I did call the yard today, they said to call them back tomorrow @ 2p to see if he found a new cover for me.

Return to “Engine / Drivetrain”