Lesson on ground kits??

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: Lesson on ground kits??

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:23 pm

if i eluded to more hp, i didnt mean to, but you saying smoother idle goes with what i said from listening to others experience.

where did you install a body ground? if you pull it on and off do your headlights dim? or the radio fade?

the throttle body, if you pull that does the rougher idle return? or is it the engine block ground?

marmite369

Re: Lesson on ground kits??

Postby marmite369 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:07 am

ill be honest with you iv not actually tested each individual grounding to see which is actually creating the smoother idle.

i have actually fitted two body grounds. 1 is situated at the back of the engine bay near the gromet to inside the car. the second is situated in the driver side ( live in the uk so we right on the correct side of the road :p (the right hand side if sat in the car)) on the wheel arch i drilled and tapped a m10 bolt into it to create a decent grounding. but i noticed no difference in light quality or radio quality.

personally i wouldn't recommend this upgrading of the earthing unless you have some spare wire kicking about or can get it cheep. as the benefits are small to nill

Return to “Engine / Drivetrain”