Cams

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: Cams

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:46 pm

that goes along with what i have come across, all the "GM" cars using family 1 engines have the same set of engines. just finding which one went were to know what matches up.. like stated in the chip tuning thread.

its hard for a US person to verify anything without taking an aveo engine to europe to directly compare. But from all the posts, and build threads ive been through, it seems accurate.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:55 pm

Yea if u were to call you would have better luck understanding all that since uve worked on many euro type cars lol
But only thing i dont know is if the ecus are tuned the same so the aveo can accept the chip flash. When i first called, being new to all this chip stff i didnt understand what number the guy was talking about on the ecus.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:29 pm

i am 90% sure the guy is asking for a part number type of code, or an overall code.

take the 1.8t vw/audi engine. even though it is offered in 12 different cars, 4 makes (seat,skoda, vw, and audi) it has the same generic ecu code, meaning 1.8t. then a more advance code that specifies which 1.8t model you have. You can put a AWD engine program on an AWP computer, but that doesnt run efficiently. nor utilize all the option of the AWP engine.

Then the computer has a number to list options etc that it controls.. which is the part number you would order to match the ecu without needing programming.

The problem i see, is while the engines are all the "same" in the GM line.. the computer codes differ greatly. Like the automatic car has a different code from a manual, the daewoo and chevy have different codes, even though the engines are "interchangeable" etc.

I would think the company should want to know than answer as much as we do, it opens them up to a whole new market with no work if it works.

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:26 pm

I'm gonna try and call tomorrow but if you want to give it a try rabbit you have to call the U.S headquarters in north carolina i think. Its the first one in the distributors list under North America i think on the upsolute website. Hopefully this does work though i wont mind pushing another few hp

Return to “Engine / Drivetrain”