chevy aveo

aveohater

chevy aveo

Postby aveohater » Sat May 28, 2011 5:30 pm

hello, have a 2004 aveo.. anyway after a new head.(dealer) . I am experincing p0300 random missfires.. it has new wires,plugs,coil.. new timing belt ect...the car idles rough.. i did the iac relearn, didnt help.. the cks and the cps both have been replaced as well.. this thing is one pos.. cant beleive chevy put thier name on this korean pos...

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: chevy aveo

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Mon May 30, 2011 10:02 pm

Are you doing the work yourself? after a big procedure like that it typically seems the crank or cam sensor needs a relearn.

It helps to find a mechanic who knows how to fix the car the first time for the owners to appreciate it.

aveohater

Postby aveohater » Tue May 31, 2011 12:25 pm

ok ty, the engine was replaced who knows when and by who. the head was replaced because it had leaking valves.. so i been working back and forth with the dealer to get it figured out.. seems who-ever did this swap should have swaped the pcv system from the 04 to the 06..we are finally getting it but its a head-ache..its not the cars fault i know but for it to have 80k miles and a new engine and then a new head makes me think these cars are lemons.. its costing an arm and a leg to get it fixed..but hopefully we can get it done..

changing the head was a cake walk.. simple.. its the other stuff thats a headache..

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Tue May 31, 2011 2:48 pm

the pvc system is different but has been adapted over successfully by a few people successfully. depending on how they went about it, i am sure the dealer assumes its an issue s it doesnt match the tech specs for the year.

without knowledge of the engines history i would suspect the engine was replaced because the previous owner missed the timing belt change, and they put in a used engine with "other" problems maybe? Some early heads (not going to look up years etc) have known valve issues, there is a tsb about that.

good luck.

Return to “Engine / Drivetrain”