Removing Rear Spoiler

Chad

Removing Rear Spoiler

Postby Chad » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:40 am

Hey all,

I'm kinda new here. I was a member of aveoclub.net and saw that the forum was moving here...so...here I am. I have a 2007 Pontiac Wave with the Wi package. I bought it new in Feb 2007 and the only mods I've done so far are debadging, remote starter, Sirius radio, splash guards and a nose guard because I do a lot of highway driving. I wanna do lowering springs and a few othing little things, but, I've been busy sinking a lot of $ into my Harley...now that it's done I can focus on my car a bit.

I've been toying with the idea of removing my rear spoiler as I've never been a fan of excess body parts on cars...I like 'em low and clean cut. I know I just contradicted myself because I did put the nose guard on the front as I stated earlier...haha. Either way, there are two bolt holes on the top of the hatch that hold the rear spoiler in place, so, what would be the easiest way to fill these holes if I ditched the spoiler...??

Thanks...looking forward to hanging out here.

Chad

2007 Pontiac Wave Wi

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: Removing Rear Spoiler

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:07 pm

I would weld them shut, and repaint. Any other way will come back as rust eventually.

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:57 pm

Ideally you would weld them and repaint it. I bought a Neon a couple years ago that someone had a custom wing on. they removed it before I bought it so I was left with 4 holes in the truck lid. I just went and got some of those little clear nubs and popped those in there with a little silicone. You know, the ones that are probably on your hood to keep your bug flector from rubbing the hood at highway speeds? Those ones. It still looks like shit, but it aint' so bad.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

LarsBud

Postby LarsBud » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:53 am

Take two quarters and weld them on from behind and then putty the holes smooth or you can fiberglass from behind and then putty the holes smooth.

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:57 pm

it would seem easier to leave it on there, though it looks empty without the spoiler, i would never take mine off :P
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000185677338

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124271

Chad

Postby Chad » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:22 am

thehunterooo wrote:it would seem easier to leave it on there, though it looks empty without the spoiler, i would never take mine off :P

I agree, for all the work it would take to refinish the holes in the hatch, I think it's easier to leave the spoiler on.

2007 Pontiac Wave Wi

Return to “Exterior”