FAQ

WOLFMAN AK907

Re: FAQ

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:53 pm

Grill mod for 1st Gen. Aveo:
Originally posted by the barber.
Thought since i was removing the front chevy bow-tie from the aveo today id make a how-to...
Before:
There are 5 screws you need to remove to get the grill assembly out (3 are metal and 2 are plastic):
Passenger to drivers side:
Once you have the grill assembly out, you need to remove 6 small screws on the back:
...and 4 clips (i used a flat-head screw driver to get them out):
Then the bow-tie just pops right out...
Put the grill back into place and reinstall the 5 screws to hold the grill in, and youre done!
Overexposed shot so you can sorta see the mesh....

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

WOLFMAN AK907

Re: FAQ

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:11 pm

Black Headlight Mod/Headlight Painting:
Originally posted by aveogyrl.
I've done this to mine already so here it goes very simple job.
MATERIALS NEEDED
2 flat puddy knives
1 tube of clear plastic sealant
and spray paint - high temp engine paint. Everyone here painted theres black, but be creative if you wish.

WHAT TO DO...
1. remove all screws, harnesses, and anything else that is removable off headlight.

2. put in oven for 10-12 minutes on 170 degrees

3. remove headlights out of oven*caution headlights will be hot but you should be alright cuz YOU ARE A MAN RIGHT??? ARE YOU??? then begin prying the lens from the headlight casing, but be gentle.

4. clean surface of area you are gonna paint with alcohol or some other cleaning agent. Then wipe dry

5. spray coats of paint and allow to dry

6. put headlight housing, and lens back in oven for about 10 minutes at 170 degrees

7. remove headlights from oven, and apply glue to grooves and smash the lens and housing back together making sure the seal is tight so no water will enter.

TESTING RE-SEAL

1. fill bath tub with water

2. submerge headlight for that only the seals are submerged, leave for it there for just a couple of seconds

3. if you have leaks you will notice since there would be water in the housing and you will and have apply more glue.

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

Return to “Exterior”