current project

one_man_jam

current project

Postby one_man_jam » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:37 am

:D
makes me wish i could weld and ditch all the nuts and bolts but it gets the job done
2 hella 500 driving lights and 2 hella 500 amber fogs

all that is left is to paint it and wire it all up :)

UR Canada goodies installed and available here http://ultraracingcanada.com/?q=catalog/27
ImageImage

Denis

Re: current project

Postby Denis » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:09 am

looks awesome, did u doit for the looks or do u actuly rally or need thouse light for something?
2004 Suzuki Swift+S (Adventure Vehicle/Winter Car)
2008 Mitsubishi Galant (Daily driver/Highway Boat)

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:10 am

i like it.

one_man_jam

Postby one_man_jam » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:59 am

well both for the looks and the actual practicality of the extra lights :D
i live up in the mountains and the extra lights will be nice to spot the many elk and deer that are around the highway. and the fogs will definitely be nice as well during the snowy weather we have :D
and yes i would love to get me in some rallycross action as well
UR Canada goodies installed and available here http://ultraracingcanada.com/?q=catalog/27
ImageImage

Oscarthagrouch003

Postby Oscarthagrouch003 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:52 pm

o shoot. i wish i could do this 2 wifes car she wont let me. i like it jam. i think theres a setup for the aveo that goes over the grille.

one_man_jam

Postby one_man_jam » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:05 pm

ya i was thinking of mounting the lights up higher over the grill, but i would have to bend the flat steel i had aaaand i don't know how i would do that without a set of clamps or a vice :lol:
i worked with some mounting points i knew would work :D
ImageImage

Oscarthagrouch003

Postby Oscarthagrouch003 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:02 pm

did u make it? if u did great diy!! heres 2 pics of that rally aveos fogs. i cant find the one u can buy similar 2 this :(

subachad

Postby subachad » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:31 pm

I did this on my Woo. You will want some extra bracing to help keep the vibration down, it gets a little annoying. Also, if someone just taps your car, you will come out to some lights just hanging by the wires which I had happen a few times until I tucked them into the grill.

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:59 am

I'm currently working on something like this for my 09' right now. I'm ordering one of the billet grille kits off ebay to replace the stock plastic grilles, but i'll be painting the billet flat black and mounting 2x 7" HID fog lights behind the lower grille and 2x 4" HID fog lights behind the top grille.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

one_man_jam

Postby one_man_jam » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:57 am

yea i've made it all myself with the extra time i have this summer :D . i've seen that swift before too and i always loved the cluster :D

as for the bracing it sits just fine witht the three lower mounts so the two extra points going up will go into the license plate area of the bumper to reduce the vibration...i hope :?
like i said before i need to wire it all up and test drive around to see if there is a lot of bounce or not. if there is then i am thinking of extending the upper points through the grill and finding some extra points up near the grill area.

hopefully no one leaves my ish hanging by the wires :shock:

the thought of mounting the lights behind the grill crossed my mind, but i could probably only fit two lights back there so my thinking was might as well have them all up front :D good luck with your build wolf looking forward to seeing your set up as well.

ImageImage

Return to “Exterior”