spax coilovers

Including Wheel and Tires
Petrified.Rabbit

Re: spax coilovers

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:34 pm

do find out fast if they are truly fitting, as i am about to drop money on tooling to finish mine up.

one_man_jam

Postby one_man_jam » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:35 pm

ozzy wrote:Hi all I am from the uk aswell and I use to work on alot of vauxhall nova's / corsa's and the back suspension is not far off a kalos / aveo. the front is not far of aswell.

but it looks like coilovers that you can get for the nova / corsa will fit spot on. if I can find some cheap I will give it ago.

I also have some old front shocks and springs so when I fit my alloys next week I will see if they fit

if they do I will let you all know as you can buy good coilovers for about £180 about $250 and say £100 to ship over to your side of the pond they could be a good cheap way of getting coilovers

for anyone that dont know what a uk vauxhall nova or corsa looks like go on google and have a look

i would want some of those goodies right there =)

Petrified.Rabbit wrote:do find out fast if they are truly fitting, as i am about to drop money on tooling to finish mine up.

and yup some of these goodies too =)

either way i think its awesome that there are options emerging for us. we know they got them in Singapore for sure =)
UR Canada goodies installed and available here http://ultraracingcanada.com/?q=catalog/27
ImageImage

ozzy

Postby ozzy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:29 pm

right I have had a look and it looks like the vauxhall nova / corsa front shocks will fit but they dont have the part the roll bar goes on.

I may know away for them to work so I will give it ago as lowering my kalos is next on the to do list and 30mm drop is not going to do it so I must find away to get it down to a 60mm drop.

I know the rear coilovers should just bolt on by the looks of it. so what I am going to do is buy some very old nova / corsa coilovers that are not much good and have a play to see how well they fit and get back to you as soon as I can

one_man_jam

Postby one_man_jam » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:33 pm

ozzy wrote:right I have had a look and it looks like the vauxhall nova / corsa front shocks will fit but they dont have the part the roll bar goes on.

I may know away for them to work so I will give it ago as lowering my kalos is next on the to do list and 30mm drop is not going to do it so I must find away to get it down to a 60mm drop.

I know the rear coilovers should just bolt on by the looks of it. so what I am going to do is buy some very old nova / corsa coilovers that are not much good and have a play to see how well they fit and get back to you as soon as I can

wow sounds awesome man =)
keep us updated
UR Canada goodies installed and available here http://ultraracingcanada.com/?q=catalog/27
ImageImage

ozzy

Postby ozzy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:24 pm

just been looking on the UK ebay and have seen this front shock and spring for a 2005 corsa c

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-CORSA-SX ... 20ae67d539

they look spot on to me. do you guys think so ?

if they are right all I have to do is get a front set of coilovers to fit the corsa c

and after looking for back springs they are not the same as are cars so I will keep looking

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:29 pm

the appearance isnt all that important, its the width of the spindle and how far apart the bolt holes are... along with the length of the shock.

ozzy

Postby ozzy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:31 pm

here we go corsa c coilover kit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ADJUSTABLE-COILOV ... 2eaa750562

like I say the back springs are not the same but the back shocks should fit.

I think it will cost you guys about $200 to buy and I would say $100 plus to ship them over

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:22 pm

do the corsa coilovers fit 1st gen aveos? or only the 09s?

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:37 pm

The 09 and earlier aveos have the same suspension

No one has fitted those coilvers yet though to know if they fit

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:39 pm

oh ok thx for clarifying rabbit

Return to “Brakes / Suspension”