OEM strut pics?

Including Wheel and Tires
thebarber

OEM strut pics?

Postby thebarber » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:55 am

anyone have pics of their OEM struts they could share?

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: OEM strut pics?

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

for what?

thebarber

Postby thebarber » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:25 pm

Petrified.Rabbit wrote:for what?

well, i recently found out that the suspension for the fit and yaris is the same...

having not actually taken the time to look under the front of our aveo yet, i was curious if someone had a pic to see if the front strut was the same on the aveo as it is on my yaris.

really, im just trying to see if i could put the eibach prokits i run in the winter on my yaris on the aveo instead since the macpherson front/torsion beam rear is the same setup....

i think i might just have to climb under the aveo and see whats what if no one has a pic

yaris stock vs coilover:

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:31 pm

they all have the same design, but they are not directly interchangeable. the aveo has the two bolt through the spindle.

the width, and bolt distance of the mounts differs, and i believe the rear beam on the aveo varies more from those two..

it has springs on the arms of a torsion rear beam and separate shocks on the end of the arms.

thebarber

Postby thebarber » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:59 pm

Petrified.Rabbit wrote:the aveo has the two bolt through the spindle.

what do you mean by spindle?

Petrified.Rabbit wrote:the width, and bolt distance of the mounts differs, and i believe the rear beam on the aveo varies more from those two..

id imagine the bolt distances and sizes are different, but at this point im mainly concerned w/ springs

Petrified.Rabbit wrote:it has springs on the arms of a torsion rear beam and separate shocks on the end of the arms.

xd/yaris suspension in the back

happen to have the lengths and diameters of the front and rear oem springs for the aveo? i have my oem yaris springs kicking around that i can measure....

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:08 pm

that rear is very close, the springs look taller though, and maybe different length of shocks. i think the arm on the aveo is longer and the pivot is more forward from the beam?

i dont have garage access today just yet, too much snow. so i can give measurement.

thebarber

Postby thebarber » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:57 pm

if i've got the front and rears correct, the front's are ~13" and rears are ~15.25" for the yaris oem springs...

thebarber

Postby thebarber » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:08 pm

can anyone measure their OE springs?

marmite369

Postby marmite369 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:05 pm

what dimensions do u need mate as i kept a hold of my old springs when i had them replaced with lowered ones. do u need them compressed the o/d the length what???

thebarber

Postby thebarber » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:15 am

marmite369 wrote:what dimensions do u need mate as i kept a hold of my old springs when i had them replaced with lowered ones. do u need them compressed the o/d the length what???

just the stock spring height, uncompressed....and maybe while you're at it the diamater at the top, bottom and in the middle, if you can

thanks!

Return to “Brakes / Suspension”