Coilovers

Including Wheel and Tires

Coil over Orders:

I will order a complete kit with coil overs and have the money.
28%
I will order a complete kit with coil overs but need to save money.
28%
I will order an adaption kit (And buy my own coil overs) and have the money.
3%
I will order an adaption kit (And buy my own coil overs) but need to save money.
No votes
I am interested in coil overs but at a much later date.
17%
I am not interested in coil overs, i have lowering springs.
7%
I am not interested in coil overs, stock height is fine.
17%

Total votes: 29

Petrified.Rabbit

Coilovers

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:48 pm

I need to order some custom pieces to be made..(stamp cut not on the mill).

Just want an idea of who will be getting coil overs so i know the quantity.

Please answer honestly.

Current out look for cost of the adaptation parts i am trying to hit $300, This would put the final price @ $600 with the coil overs included.

So keep that in mind, you can order the coil overs yourself at a later date if that is a factor for you also..

Just need numbers:

WOLFMAN AK907

Re: Coilovers

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:22 pm

I want to order your complete kit with basic coilovers to start probably just to save on money and then eventually buy a nicer set and sell mine to the local VW guys. The basics are just height-adjustable right?
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

XJCasper

Postby XJCasper » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:56 am

I don't know how to reply to the poll.

If I don't bag the Aveo, I will be going your coil-overs. Waiting to hear back from my brother.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:50 am

i thought i should have put a "bags for me" option..

basic coil overs right now are height adjustable only, the dampening has been matched, i can look into adjustable dampening but at that point i would rather people just buy the adaption kit and make to coil over selection themselves. The only reason i am "offering" the base kit is to have a prove base price point for lowering your car.

And as wolf pointed out, the coil overs. i am making parts so yuo can put coil overs from a mk2/mk3/corrado volkswagen on your car.
I like to be honest about what you will be getting so know one feels ripped off, or they know what to expect.
the base kit is going to be either rokkor or raceland coil overs (both are proven to be decent in the vw community ie they are not $1000 coilovers).

In addition to the coil overs you will receive :

1. spindles machined to accept the front struts ( the upper mounts will interchange.) This will be all you need for the front.
2. Custom upper rear mounts, to bolt the rear struts to the car. the needed bushings, and hardware,

Basically this will convert your car to a "vw" suspension.

one_man_jam

Postby one_man_jam » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:24 am

Petrified.Rabbit wrote:i thought i should have put a "bags for me" option..

basic coil overs right now are height adjustable only, the dampening has been matched, i can look into adjustable dampening but at that point i would rather people just buy the adaption kit and make to coil over selection themselves. The only reason i am "offering" the base kit is to have a prove base price point for lowering your car.

And as wolf pointed out, the coil overs. i am making parts so yuo can put coil overs from a mk2/mk3/corrado volkswagen on your car.
I like to be honest about what you will be getting so know one feels ripped off, or they know what to expect.
the base kit is going to be either rokkor or raceland coil overs (both are proven to be decent in the vw community ie they are not $1000 coilovers).

In addition to the coil overs you will receive :

1. spindles machined to accept the front struts ( the upper mounts will interchange.) This will be all you need for the front.
2. Custom upper rear mounts, to bolt the rear struts to the car. the needed bushings, and hardware,

Basically this will convert your car to a "vw" suspension.

vw suspension huh sounds good to me :D
i'm sorta new to the whole coilover thing so this kit you are providing is only height adjustable, but the adaption kit you are talking about is for adjustable dampening, correct? and if we want that as well you say we should just get the adaption kit and pick out our own coilovers to match it?

just trying to clear things up is all. I am indeed liking how all of it sounds though and will more than likely buy the base kit :D

and i should probably look into a camber kit as well?
UR Canada goodies installed and available here http://ultraracingcanada.com/?q=catalog/27
ImageImage

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:34 am

no the adaption kit will allow you to pick from the dozens of coil overs made to fit mk2/mk3/corrado volkswagens.

Basically the adaptation kit is separate from the coil overs themselves.

So for @ $300 you can buy the kit, and then buy and install any coil overs you desire that are made for those vw models.
Even used coil overs to save money beyond the $600.

the available brands off the top of my head are kw, spax, h&r, vmaxx, rokkor, raceland, b&g, weitec, ksport, bilstien, etc coil overs.

I am doing this because i am essentially making the "unwearable" parts, as opposed to modifying the struts and voiding the suspension warranty. I have already test fit everything once, or twice. But as close as it is to fitting, it is not a direct fit. I am going to provide the parts to make it a direct fit.

i am rambling a little..

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:41 am

i missed the camber question,

With the two bolt strut design we have you can replace one of your factory bots with a camber bolt. I highly recommend watching what you get, grade 8 is a must. But a on top of the strut camber kit is not really made for a floating front suspension without hacking the tops of the towers and putting a bolt in adjustment set up.

XJCasper

Postby XJCasper » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Wow, am i confused.

So would this make adding bags easier?
Are there Airbag kits for those cars already?

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:23 pm

I think easy street air might make them?

one_man_jam

Postby one_man_jam » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:04 pm

ok rabbit :D
thanks for clearing that up for me.
the adaptation kit allows us to install any coilovers of our choice for those marked vw's and your basic kit comes with coilovers :) awesome. and thanks for addressing the camber kit and question i had as well.
looking forward to the finished product :D

UR Canada goodies installed and available here http://ultraracingcanada.com/?q=catalog/27
ImageImage

Return to “Brakes / Suspension”