Coilovers

Including Wheel and Tires

Coil over Orders:

I will order a complete kit with coil overs and have the money.
28%
I will order a complete kit with coil overs but need to save money.
28%
I will order an adaption kit (And buy my own coil overs) and have the money.
3%
I will order an adaption kit (And buy my own coil overs) but need to save money.
No votes
I am interested in coil overs but at a much later date.
17%
I am not interested in coil overs, i have lowering springs.
7%
I am not interested in coil overs, stock height is fine.
17%

Total votes: 29

WOLFMAN AK907

Re: Coilovers

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:08 am

Struts/Shocks are the same thing basically. Coilovers replace the Struts/Shocks with one that have a spring over it, hence coil-over. These aren't Petrified.Rabbit's but this is a general idea of what coilovers are:

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:27 am

and they are fully adjustable if need be
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000185677338

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124271

Reddemonx92

Postby Reddemonx92 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:29 am

oh ok that would so look alot better on the aveo than stock suspension...
and so i assume coilovers have somethin that lowers them more?

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:44 am

That's why they have a spring on the outside, is so you can adjust ride height but some of them are so sophisticated now you can do a lot more.
ImageImageImage

XJCasper

Postby XJCasper » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:49 am

How much control do you really need? You get what you pay for. So, how much do you want to pay?

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:53 am

Hunter, the base kit i am selling is NOT fully adjustable, just height adjustable with dampening matched to the spring rates. So buying just the adapter parts if would want dampening adjustment would be best. That said, if you just want it as an added feature and don't know how to adjust the dampening properly, you might end up with a poorer ride and a preset dampening coilover.

Red, they take place of the shocks and springs. So if you buy these you do NOT need to buy shocks or lowering spring separately.

(and i am just going to put a disclaimer here) you can not even be able to run the stock vw suspension in the back. there is no room. But the coil over suspension will fit with my mounts. So you can not buy my adapter to run a "cup-kit" Only coilovers. So far, i am estimating, these will be about 1" lower to slammed compared to stock. But those measurements will change with your other options..But once i have mine bolted to the car. i will take measurements. return the stock suspension on my car take pictures, put the coilovers on all the way up, take picture and all the way down and take pictures. I will also do measurements, and figure out any other issues you may run into into if you want to be absolutely slammed. (like notching frame rails for the axles or flipping the tierods) but this is all stuff beyond what you guys are going to be concerned with.

bionic lester

Postby bionic lester » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:30 pm

Where’s the “I need to save up for a while, but I’ll have to save for a comfortable couch at the same time, because that’s where I’ll be sleeping if my wife finds out I bought coilovers” option? I’d vote for that one.
"We're all jerks. You, me....This jerk."

g30360

Postby g30360 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:31 pm

I think right now I am leaning towards spings, or even cutting stock springs.

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:46 pm

g30360 wrote:I think right now I am leaning towards spings, or even cutting stock springs.

Don't cut your stock springs...Just buy some and cut those, or leave them be. You never know when you may want to sell it. For $180, it's worth it not just for the drop but for the performance advantage. Cut stock springs and you will bounce all the way down the road, and not in a cool way.
ImageImageImage

one_man_jam

Postby one_man_jam » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:57 pm

WOLFMAN AK907 wrote:
g30360 wrote:I think right now I am leaning towards spings, or even cutting stock springs.

Don't cut your stock springs...Just buy some and cut those, or leave them be. You never know when you may want to sell it. For $180, it's worth it not just for the drop but for the performance advantage. Cut stock springs and you will bounce all the way down the road, and not in a cool way.

i remember seeing a civic drive past me in the opposite direction that was bouncing like crazy...i had to do the double take and yup still bouncing after the second look :shock:

UR Canada goodies installed and available here http://ultraracingcanada.com/?q=catalog/27
ImageImage

Return to “Brakes / Suspension”