Bag the Aveo?
33%
Jump on the Rabbit, buy his Coil-overs?
67%

Total votes: 6

XJCasper

Coil-Overs vs. Bags

Postby XJCasper » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:34 am

Still waiting for a price estimate on bagging the Aveo. If the prices are favorable?
What would you, as an Aveo owner, go with?

The 'on the fly' adjust-ability of Air-bags?
or
The performance, dampening and occasional height adjust-ability of coil-overs?

What and why is the best option?

AveoSwagg09

Re: Coil-Overs vs. Bags

Postby AveoSwagg09 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:24 am

The adjustability of bags is good but i myself wouldn't drop low enough to have to adjust my height on the fly might not adjust more than once or twice a year i just want the dampening adjustability mostly.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:33 am

bags and coilovers for most people are just different ways of doing to same thing.

for an average driver the performance of both is that same.

bags look better when your sitting still all the way down, while being able to raise it to a reasonable height for driving.
The systems does require maintenance over time, leaking systems, etc. plus you could tear a bag and be in trouble.
If you dont have an on board air compressor and good management, "on the fly" is not the word for bags...

coilovers are more or less set it and forget it. a non dampening set is like buying lowering springs, but you set it to the exact height you want, and you get matching dampening in the "shocks" to buy a set of kybs and lowering spring will cost you the same as this kit, so that in it self this kit is a definite upgrade. PLUS when the shock need replaced new coil overs will be cheaper than just the kybs..

coilovers are superior is that you can apgrade to dampening, In 99% of the airbag setups i have seen with dampening they put air bags on coilovers, (unless dampening shocks are available). So if you want dampening airbags, you really have to buy both..

In my opinion, airbags look better if your car is for sitting still, coilovers are for if you are driving hard. (not that airbags can be set up for racing, they can, but then wont go as low)..

Oscarthagrouch003

Postby Oscarthagrouch003 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:56 am

cylinders are low maintenance. lol :lol: but yea i'd bag it. i wanna do wifeys but. now yet. getting all the parts runs like $800.00 it did for me. its prolly cheaper nowadays

Return to “Brakes / Suspension”