Brake light

Including Wheel and Tires
kamikaze

Brake light

Postby kamikaze » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:34 am

I have a 09 Aveo5 and I found out that all 3 of my brake lights don't work :o

I was playing around with the switch that turns on the brake lights and it came on but as soon as I reless the brake and then step on it it dosen't work.
I think the fuse is fine cuz when I play with the switch it works. I would pull out the fuse but I don't have a needle nose on me to take the small fuse.

I don't want any one rear ending me and I don't want a ticket so I'm bringing it to the dealer later today.

Dose any one have this problem?

WOLFMAN AK907

Re: Brake light

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:56 am

You do know that brake lights only turn on when your foot is on the break right? :lol: J/k bro, could be the switch on the pedal. See what the dealer says. Do you have turn signals?
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

kamikaze

Postby kamikaze » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:18 pm

RERRY!!?? I didnt knoooww :shock: lol

I have every thing else. turning, revirse, running. Just the brakes don't work. I hear the wich clicking behing my climit contole panel but it dosen't work. It could be a bad switch or bad wireing.

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:08 am

Could be. Let us know when you hear back from the stealership.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:32 am

I was under the impression that all brake lights have a circuit breaker, not a fuse. So that you can't not have brake lights, if that makes sense? But maybe that's a high end thing? . But a circuit breaker going bad would click. And keep the light off.

kamikaze

Postby kamikaze » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:47 am

So I was going to bring it to the dealer but on my way there the lights were working fine so I didn't bring it.

FYI that's not the only reason I didn't bring it. I have work the next day and the dealer wasn't going to give me a rental and if I use my G-ma's car she was going to bitch at me what time I should go to bed and complain that she couldn't do stuffe cuz she didn't have a car. (My G-parents have 3 cars. 1 is for sale and they don't want to drive it.) So I didn't bring it.

But ofcouse Sat nioght it started to act up agen and me and my friend took a look undet the dash and we found that the conecter to the swich is shorting.

My boss dosen't like me leaving early or coming in late and gives me a hard time and looks so I have to bring it this Sat :evil:

FML.... :cry:

Return to “Brakes / Suspension”