tuning world coilovers?

Including Wheel and Tires
one_man_jam

tuning world coilovers?

Postby one_man_jam » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:29 pm

so rokkor and raceland coilovers are out of stock for now :(

any one have any experience with Tuning world coilovers ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/COILOVER ... ccessories

says front spring rates are 672ft/lbs in front and 1008ft/lbs in rear which is a lot more than the 380F and 300R that rokkor has.

just looking for something to get me low and tighten up the body roll for the autox season

i would be willing to wait for rokkor coilovers to come back in stock if these aren't as good as they claim. just wanted to know if anyone else heard of them

UR Canada goodies installed and available here http://ultraracingcanada.com/?q=catalog/27
ImageImage

WOLFMAN AK907

Re: tuning world coilovers?

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:58 pm

My personal opinion, Tuning World USA coilovers are junk. I used them on my jetta and they were rough as hell. Not only that but I was hard on them one day at the track lowered about 2.75" and I blew the front passenger and rear drivers shocks. They're basically low quality eBay coils. I'm sure they're fine if you just wanna cruise around town and don't mind killing your back, but when it comes to racing and performance...you get what you pay for.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:38 pm

i have to agree, since you are going to be racing i would try for better...

one_man_jam

Postby one_man_jam » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:02 pm

haha thanks guys :lol: . i was leaning in a different direction anyways just thought i'd see what you guys knew since i couldn't find much info elsewhere on them :D

i was actually looking into either k sport or fk streetlines possibly. i know fk's are both height and dampening adjustable but are much cheaper than k sports. also fk's seem to have both good/bad reviews so i don't really know what to think about them. k sport seems to have a lot of good feedback so i might just save up for those. any thoughts?
UR Canada goodies installed and available here http://ultraracingcanada.com/?q=catalog/27
ImageImage

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:35 pm

I've never personally used k sports but I've had friends that have. They're nice. FK's are great, nice intermediate level coil that responds well and they ride pretty good. I had a set for a while, I liked them and they're fairly affordable. I love D2's...
ImageImageImage

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:45 pm

i'm about the same there. the ksports seem to me popular with other models than vw.. votrex people i have not heard a lot of the using ksport, HOWEVER a lot of guys run the fk stuff. So that is why there are more reviews, both ways.

the ksport design is like b&g's design, which is nice. it would be good for handling to not lose suspension travel with drop. but i cant say how ride quality of anything is.

one_man_jam

Postby one_man_jam » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:15 pm

hmm thanks guys for the input :D
haven't committed to anything in particular yet, but i do know i need to save up some more mula for any choice i make :lol:
right now though i am leaning towards fk's because of their price.
ImageImage

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:36 pm

You may want to check the classifieds on vwvortex to see if you can find a cheap set of FK's that are gently used or something...those guys sell everything on there.
ImageImageImage

one_man_jam

Postby one_man_jam » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:52 pm

ya i was certainly thinking of browsing the site to see what i could find :D

Rokkor's are back in stock so i might possibly go with those like i originally intended. hopefully they stay in stock while i save up my paychecks :D
ImageImage

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:57 pm

They come and go but they're usually never unavailable for more than a month.

ImageImageImage

Return to “Brakes / Suspension”