Front Strut Removal

Including Wheel and Tires
Manorness7

Front Strut Removal

Postby Manorness7 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:52 pm

I recently bought H&R springs for my 07 hatch and already have the rears on but when it came to the fronts I just dont see how to get that top bolt off. It says in the how to that there's 3 top nuts and there isnt. just one large top nut on both sides. Is there a special tool I need to buy for this? Or am I looking too far into it?

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: Front Strut Removal

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:44 pm

IMPACT!

it takes the retaining cap off you so can drop the mount out of the top. then you take the mount off the same way (the springs etc at this point).

the description you say sounds like the rear shocks.

Manorness7

Postby Manorness7 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:12 am

Yeahh figured it out last night, and I did use the impact hahaha. and it is the front struts.. has a 9mm head on the piston rod at the very top and a 3/4" nut. I ended up snapping the head off on the driver's side but I used a vice on the piston rod and used the impact on the 3/4" nut. After that I put Never seeze on all the bolts, I don't want to experience snapping off bolts again lol. All went smooth other than that, few other minor issues but got past them. Happy that my car is 1.5" lower though =) It looks sexy.

And thanks for the reply! The forum is my lifeline when I need last minute help =D

dhomovich09

Postby dhomovich09 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:57 pm

lets see a pic!
vroom vroom traction action!
'09 V5
'86 GLH

Manorness7

Postby Manorness7 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:44 pm

You'll have to wait untill I get the winter rubber off ;) I've done so much that I literally have to redo my ride profile on here haha

Return to “Brakes / Suspension”