SUPER HATCH PROJECT...thats us =)

Including Wheel and Tires
LarsBud

Re: SUPER HATCH PROJECT...thats us =)

Postby LarsBud » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:13 am

So the parts are going to cost me $49.00 CAN for shipping and handling.
Thats damn good!!!
This is well within what I've had to pay for other products from Ebay

Last edited by LarsBud on Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HitecRednec

Postby HitecRednec » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:19 am

Wow Gratz on getting a good deal.

Unfortunately I must agree a $100 discount is not worth the advertising they would recieve in exchange. now if they gave the entire package for $350 including the shipping that may be acceptable but Advertising is expensive and they need to either pay for it with $$ or exchange (barter) products as payment for quality advertisment. I spent 25K a year promoting my small business and the only thing I barter is rewarding customers who refer me business a labor coupon for 1 hour for each referal that equates to 50% discount cause 1 hour paid for by the refferal plus one free hour to the referrer that 2 hours labor and income from 1 paid.

How much do you think tony Steward got paid to leave Home Depot to be sponsored by Burger King? It's all about the Advertising.

The HitecRednec

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:24 pm

HitecRednec wrote:Wow Gratz on getting a good deal.

Unfortunately I must agree a $100 discount is not worth the advertising they would recieve in exchange. now if they gave the entire package for $350 including the shipping that may be acceptable but Advertising is expensive and they need to either pay for it with $$ or exchange (barter) products as payment for quality advertisment. I spent 25K a year promoting my small business and the only thing I barter is rewarding customers who refer me business a labor coupon for 1 hour for each referal that equates to 50% discount cause 1 hour paid for by the refferal plus one free hour to the referrer that 2 hours labor and income from 1 paid.

How much do you think tony Steward got paid to leave Home Depot to be sponsored by Burger King? It's all about the Advertising.

The HitecRednec

indeed, i dont mind paying some out, but advertising aint free, that for sure

tony also got old spice sponsership too, he lost some weight :P
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000185677338

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124271

LarsBud

Postby LarsBud » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:07 am

You all have to remember we are not big name racers or celebrities. We are the guys who love their cars and should be happy when someone is willing to give us a break on parts. True we have to give something back for the product, but that is the norm. If you look at what some other companies want you to do for their parts, like go to 10 pro shows and pay your way to get to them. I think this is fair.
I was big in to building and restoring vintage motorbikes years ago. I went to shows all over Ontario and had a blast doing is. I even took some prizes and trophies, but it never made any money doing shows. I did it for the love and I wish I could have had some sponsors back then. That is why these programs are not for everyone, but for those of us that want top of the line racing parts in our cars I think it’s great.
I don’t like half ass jobs or patch work. I guess that’s from my show days, everything had to be perfect. Quality is very important to me also, so I’m willing to pay or work to have it.
Ultra Racing is trying to provide Quality Racing Parts for cars like ours and that’s great since there are not many of them out there.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:14 am

LarsBud wrote:You all have to remember we are not big name racers or celebrities

That is right, i dont know what you guys think sponsorship is, but it does not mean free.

MOST companies get what Ultra Racing is asking for, in return for free. BBS, H&R, etc people buy their products and represent them, probably more than any of use would, for free all the time. I have friends in racing who have sponsorships, the still pay most of the costs, but have access to r&d information and such. Or warrantied approval without question. (tires for instance are not covered for warranty if you race on them, but if you have a sponsorship, they sort of are.. but still not really.)

The big money sponsorships are for development parts proving grounds. this is at all levels. A guy who goes to our autocrosses test new design tires. He get the tires for free. And after racing them for a weekend, he returns them and they record breakdown of the tires, and send him new tires o the same rims for the next event.
He pays for the mounting and balancing. (which i think he does himself)

I also think ultraracing was offended by this thread somehow too, as i saw in the logs they joined the forum, but deactivated the account.

I will be buying some bars from them, and probably not at the discount. As soon as i find /build coil overs.

thehunterooo

Postby thehunterooo » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:50 am

lol you are set on coil overs huh?

ill be buying the front strut bar someday
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000185677338

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3124271

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:59 am

suspension is the second most important part of a good driving car. so yes, i want coilovers.

one_man_jam

Postby one_man_jam » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:23 pm

Hi, Eric.

Our cost for the four bars is $530CAD plus your cost of $116CAD for shipping to Arizona via Canada Post Expidited USA. Total is $646CAD or approximately $598USD (today's exchange).

i think this is a great deal. it comes out to getting one of the bars for free if you think about it. i was selected as well =) my deal was for the front and rear strut bars the rear sway bar and the front under panel bar.
UR Canada goodies installed and available here http://ultraracingcanada.com/?q=catalog/27
ImageImage

LarsBud

Postby LarsBud » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:30 pm

So Eric are you going for it?

one_man_jam

Postby one_man_jam » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:02 pm

Yes i will be =)
looks like you and me are the only ones

UR Canada goodies installed and available here http://ultraracingcanada.com/?q=catalog/27
ImageImage

Return to “Brakes / Suspension”