MY Rockford Fosgate Set-up

HitecRednec

Re: MY Rockford Fosgate Set-up

Postby HitecRednec » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:22 pm

I spent almost 1 week and a half choosing my speakers and their placement and working out all the elecrtical caculations necessary to make this system the system I can be proud of. I have made the mistake in the past of not being completely researched from start to finish and paid for it by having to modify things pay more for additional things to end of with a frankenstein version of something I really wanted so to avoid this I spent a lot of time researching pricing and caculating to ensure the accuracy of my oplan so it can be reality easily and with no dissappointments.

I am 40 years old and doing something I always wanted to do when I was 20 but couldn't afford it then. Now that I am about to retire at age 41 in a few months from now I can sit at home on my FAT ASS, in front of a computer with the TV on and drink like a FISH and spend as much freakin money as I can possibly imaging before my caculator breaks or I can't see straight. Will be hard to spend 1/4th of 1/3rd of 66 million a year, yeah I did the math it's $5.5 Million a year plus a percentage of the land lease paid bi-annually and all this befor Uncle Freakin Sam gets his dues.

The HitecRednec

Denis

Postby Denis » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:44 pm

HitecRednec wrote:I spent almost 1 week and a half choosing my speakers and their placement and working out all the elecrtical caculations necessary to make this system the system I can be proud of. I have made the mistake in the past of not being completely researched from start to finish and paid for it by having to modify things pay more for additional things to end of with a frankenstein version of something I really wanted so to avoid this I spent a lot of time researching pricing and caculating to ensure the accuracy of my oplan so it can be reality easily and with no dissappointments.

I am 40 years old and doing something I always wanted to do when I was 20 but couldn't afford it then. Now that I am about to retire at age 41 in a few months from now I can sit at home on my FAT ASS, in front of a computer with the TV on and drink like a FISH and spend as much freakin money as I can possibly imaging before my caculator breaks or I can't see straight. Will be hard to spend 1/4th of 1/3rd of 66 million a year, yeah I did the math it's $5.5 Million a year plus a percentage of the land lease paid bi-annually and all this befor Uncle Freakin Sam gets his dues.

The HitecRednec

wow how did you end up so loaded with $? and if you are as rich as you say you are why in the world are you messing with an aveo?
2004 Suzuki Swift+S (Adventure Vehicle/Winter Car)
2008 Mitsubishi Galant (Daily driver/Highway Boat)

HitecRednec

Postby HitecRednec » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Natural Gas my friend and an aveo why not it's a nice customizeable car and I wanna be daring and blaze the way for MOD happy like one poor SOB did it with a Honda Civic to start the Ricer crazy I wanna be him on the Aveo.

The HitecRednec

Nemasys

Postby Nemasys » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:38 am

You gotta go further then i did then, you prepared to do that?
2004 Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged
- T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
- HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
- FMIC with 2.5" piping
- Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57

HitecRednec

Postby HitecRednec » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:02 am

actually, you've gone further than I woulda LOL but I respect ya.

The HitecRednec

don_deezy

Postby don_deezy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:04 pm

good luck fitting all that in your car. 1 thing im wondering is why so many speakers and amps? are you taking out the back seat? and with the 3 batteries and HO alt the cap is a waste of money. I really beleive you should rethink your setup. The aveo is just not big enough to put all that equipment in and really sound good. Its definatly not all fitting in the hatch area, and if you remove the back seat and glass in its place your not going to have your rear deck in there, which makes your 4 rear deck speakers non existant. neway good luck with the build dude.
2004 Chevy Aveo
2 TF1 18's, 1 Stetsom 2K5D.2, 1 NSB90, Lots of 1/0 wire

AveoRob

Re: MY Dream Rockford Fosgate Set-up

Postby AveoRob » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:00 am

edited
Last edited by AveoRob on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C3Customs

Postby C3Customs » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:08 am

First off nice design, but I have recommendations
My recommendations:

Electrical-
Get a few kinetic hc2400 or Batcap 2000 or larger batteries- one front, one rear
Ditch the capacitor

It appears you are trying to run an active setup (where every speaker has its own channel) for this I would suggest going with an active head unit such as a Clarion DRZ9255, or the Alpine F1 Status, or Pioneer DEX-P99.

Nothing against Rockford but you can get better quality amplifiers/speakers for the price.

I would suggest looking into Stetsom (smaller footprints/great power), Brax, Zapco, Sinfoni, Genesis, DLS, or Audison for your amplifiers.

As far as speakers go I would suggest looking into Hybrid Technologies, Bravox Audio, Genesis Audio, DLS Audio, Rainbow, Helix, Brax, Zapco, Morel, Seas Lotus.

Remember the system that sounds the best to you is the best for you. Just my $0.02.

Aveosummit aka "C3Customs"

C3 Testimonials

Bravox Audio - Crossfire - Stetsom - ARC Audio - Second Skin - Mobile Spec - Batcap - Excessive Amperage - Audiopipe - Clarion - DLS - GermanMaestro

HitecRednec

Postby HitecRednec » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:21 pm

That's a lot of good info...; It definately deserves some careful rethinking. Wow.

The HitecRednec

Denis

Postby Denis » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:18 pm

i second Audison

2004 Suzuki Swift+S (Adventure Vehicle/Winter Car)
2008 Mitsubishi Galant (Daily driver/Highway Boat)

Return to “Audio / Video”