-USB port
-SD Card Slot
-Subwoofer Output
-WMA/MP3/CD/CD-R/CD-RW
-IPOD Input
-5V Preamp Output
-ESP
-and alot more haha

I paid $94 brand new on ebay from VMInnovations. I have to say I can't believe the shipping speed, it only took 3 full days from the time of clicking "Buy It Now", to get to my house, ordered it 2:30am Monday and recieved it Wednesday. I can't believe the power this headunit has compared to my Insignia. The best part is I load MP3s to a 2GB SD Card and play them off that, no more CDs! That was my main reason for getting it. I just have one problem now... I need to get better speakers. I still have stockers with a Sony Subwoofer. 80 watts going to each speaker is a lot, I can't turn my radio up past the 25% mark without everything having a little distortion from the amazing bass output.

What do you think about Boss speakers? I want to get the ones I have been keeping my eyes on. 2 (250w each) for the rear, and 2 (200w each) for the front. I'm just not sure how good of a brand Boss is for speakers, but then again I don't want to pay a fortune either :lol: Just don't want to get them and find out that it's all distorted too... but I guess having a 200 - 250w peak rating would take care of that... or would it? Thanks in advance everyone!

WOLFMAN AK907

Re: New Head Unit

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:08 am

Idk anythink about BOSS components. I've always used KenwoodExcelon or MB Quartz. Just out of habit. Both are fantastic.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

Manorness7

Postby Manorness7 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:48 am

Thanks anyway Wolfman, and thanks for the suggestion. Appreciated!

Edited:

I just did some more research and found that Boss speakers are pretty much no good. Damn that really sucks, I didn't want to spend a fortune on new speakers but I guess you get what you pay for...

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:18 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/MB-QUART-PVI216-6-5 ... 623wt_1165
These one's aren't bad. Comes with 2x 6.5" Components, Crossovers and tweeters.
I don't much care for the stock 4x6's in our cars. I'd rather have 6x9's, but heres some MB Quart 4x6's, but they're used.
http://cgi.ebay.com/MBQUART-4X6-TIANIUM ... 500wt_1182
ImageImageImage

Manorness7

Postby Manorness7 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Need atleast 80watt RMS for each speaker, and not a fan of anything but new. I just ordered these.. SONY Those are for the rear. I'm going to try turning the fronts down a lot and putting a majority of the sound to the back before I decide to make the other investment for the fronts. I'm going with a set of Aplines I have my eyes on for the fronts if so need be.

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:29 am

Where are you going to mount those? In the rear deck? Otherwise the rears are 4x6 stock.
ImageImageImage

C3Customs

Postby C3Customs » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:55 am

WOLFMAN AK907 wrote:Where are you going to mount those? In the rear deck? Otherwise the rears are 4x6 stock.

x2

AS for as fronts speakers go if you are going to upgrade them, I would suggest upgrading to 6.5, sounds phenomenal over the stock system. Also what type of music do you prefer to listen to? What would your budget range be for front speakers ie 0-100, 100+?

Aveosummit aka "C3Customs"

C3 Testimonials

Bravox Audio - Crossfire - Stetsom - ARC Audio - Second Skin - Mobile Spec - Batcap - Excessive Amperage - Audiopipe - Clarion - DLS - GermanMaestro

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:24 am

Yeah, the 6.5's I posted ^ are pretty nice and affordable. I've used them before, they really last. If they can survive being blared at -60*F I think they can take just about anything. I believe you need a 1" speaker spacer to fit 6.5 in the front though, correct? I haven't upgraded mine yet unfortunently.
ImageImageImage

Manorness7

Postby Manorness7 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:37 am

C3Customs wrote:
WOLFMAN AK907 wrote:Where are you going to mount those? In the rear deck? Otherwise the rears are 4x6 stock.

x2

AS for as fronts speakers go if you are going to upgrade them, I would suggest upgrading to 6.5, sounds phenomenal over the stock system. Also what type of music do you prefer to listen to? What would your budget range be for front speakers ie 0-100, 100+?

0-100. I would need 80watt RMS or nominal wattage for each speaker... peak wattage isnt the issue lol. I found some Aplines that are 6.5in and are going to run about $65 which really isn't that bad.

Mounting the rears in the hatch cover. The one's I ordered are 6x9s :)

Edit:
How are Autotek speakers? It's between a pair of those and a pair of Alpine's. The pair of Autotek's come with free tweeters and two crossovers. I know Alpine is a damn good brand though, I just haven't heard of Autotek... They are both 600-800 watt peak with 80-90watt RMS, so they're just perfect due to the fact that I need atleast 80watt RMS. What do you guys think? Also, the Autotek's have a mounting depth of 2.6in. which should fit in the front doors... the Alpine's most likely will require door panel modding haha.

ontarian_frog

Postby ontarian_frog » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:20 pm

Manorness7 wrote:
C3Customs wrote:

x2

0-100. I would need 80watt RMS or nominal wattage for each speaker... peak wattage isnt the issue lol. I found some Aplines that are 6.5in and are going to run about $65 which really isn't that bad.

Mounting the rears in the hatch cover. The one's I ordered are 6x9s :)

Edit:
How are Autotek speakers? It's between a pair of those and a pair of Alpine's. The pair of Autotek's come with free tweeters and two crossovers. I know Alpine is a damn good brand though, I just haven't heard of Autotek... They are both 600-800 watt peak with 80-90watt RMS, so they're just perfect due to the fact that I need atleast 80watt RMS. What do you guys think? Also, the Autotek's have a mounting depth of 2.6in. which should fit in the front doors... the Alpine's most likely will require door panel modding haha.

What are you running up front? 80w rms for front speakers? anything over 30 watts rms up front without a dedicated amp is useless.

Return to “Audio / Video”