rear speakers in the panels? 3dr

marmite369

rear speakers in the panels? 3dr

Postby marmite369 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:36 pm

how difficult do you think it wold be to install some hidden speakers behing the paneling as there is a huge gap in the sides between these panels and the actualy body work as there is no doors in the rear this also makes life easier as there is room to root the wires in from the boot into them. was just wondering what sort of mounting options people would use and if people would actualy do them hidden behind the panels rather than cut into them and make holes. yes i do know that is would muffel the sounds something cronic but im not overly keen on cutting the pannels as im sure they would be rather difficult to do

cheers

WOLFMAN AK907

Re: rear speakers in the panels? 3dr

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:47 pm

Hmmm, if anything why don't you put some 6x9's or something up in the rear deck that flips up? That's what a lot of people here have done. You could just cut holes in it to mount them or you could frame them at an angle towards the front and fiberglass the whole thing, but it's quite a project.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

04AveoLS5204

Postby 04AveoLS5204 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:46 am

I was thinking of cutting the original 6 1/2" hole and putting 6X9s in the rear deck of mine, but it doesnt look like there is that much room to do it. It would sure sound better....lol
Pete (04AveoLS5204)
-------------------------
My Cars:
04 Chevrolet Aveo LS
1.6L L4, Automatic
99 Dodge Intrepid
2.7L V6, Automatic

marmite369

Postby marmite369 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:48 am

4 inch is a large as you can fit without building up off the deck in the boot i found thats why iv only got some 4 inchers in there and am now wanting to put a set of 6inch in the sides as these would help huge with the midi/base frequencies giving a clearer sound. personally i steer away from 6 by 9's as they do not sound as clear as a decent set of 6 inch coaxials, but then again thats just me everyone seams to be buying 6 by 9s all the time so what do i know lol

WOLFMAN AK907

Postby WOLFMAN AK907 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:22 am

It all really depends what kind of speaker you're buying.
Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska
ImageImageImage

marmite369

Postby marmite369 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:10 pm

but even more so what you are running them from. as even just using the stock outputs on a head units to connect straight up to the speakers can result in damage to them as these outputs put of all the frequencies across the range and different speakers will respond differently to these frequency imputes. i.e if you send to louder volumes through a set of tweeters you will damage them via the bass imput as tweeters are designed to take higher frequencies than normal and not so much the lower end. hence the use of a cross-over, and in the same instance sub woofers are intended for base frequencies to much high level input into them and you will damage them. so really before u start a system you need to look at what sort of a sound u want i.e lots of base in which case you want to run a low range amp on a min of a 10 inch sub single for nice tight base but a 15 if you want a loose sounding base. where as if you was wanting a more overall sound you would want to go for a 12 inch sub tops uprated speakers in front 6.5 tops any bigger and u find alot of sound quality is lost, a nice set of midi base speakers in the rear deck and if you are able to u want to try and fit a set of coaxial speakers in the rear sides to top things off run these all off of amps and cross overs for the maximum quality possible in a system. something i did thought o boost the quality was to install an equalizer and have run the speakers off of this as it has a pre amp in it.

spent alot of time and money learning things the hard way when it comes to installs so the best advice i can ever give to anyone starting out is to plan you build before u cut a single wire. also never ever bodge the job just to get it done lol

04AveoLS5204

Postby 04AveoLS5204 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:55 am

I see. With that said, I think I will keep the 6 3/4 speakers. I am planning on getting some Pioneer TS-A series speakers and probably using crossovers with them. When I rebuild the bass system, I will mostly use the speakers for the Mids/Highs and leave all the bass handling to the Subwoofers themselves.

If I can fit the 6 1/2" speakers up front, then I will put some there, probably the TS-As as well. It will probably save me from having to put tweeters in the A-Pillars to get a clearer sound...
Pete (04AveoLS5204)
-------------------------
My Cars:
04 Chevrolet Aveo LS
1.6L L4, Automatic
99 Dodge Intrepid
2.7L V6, Automatic

C3Customs

Postby C3Customs » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:50 am

marmite369 wrote:... so really before u start a system you need to look at what sort of a sound u want i.e lots of base in which case you want to run a low range amp on a min of a 10 inch sub single for nice tight base but a 15 if you want a loose sounding base (this is a common misconception-most people don't have enough space or power to run a 15" sub correctly but the bass from a 15" can be just as tight as 10" and 10" can be loose and sloppy if you have the sub in the wrong enclosure and not enough power-c3). where as if you was wanting a more overall sound you would want to go for a 12 inch sub tops uprated speakers in front 6.5 tops any bigger and u find alot of sound quality is lost (actually a nice 8" has better sq then most 6.5" thus the reason so many competitors try to get 8" midbass speakers upfront-c3), a nice set of midi base speakers in the rear deck and if you are able to u want to try and fit a set of coaxial speakers in the rear sides to top things off run these all off of amps and cross overs for the maximum quality possible in a system...

If you really want to maximize your system amp all of your speakers and run no crossovers and tune your speakers from your head unit, if your head unit has those capabilities. But the next best thing is to run the amps full on the front comps and use the crossovers and run the speakers in the rear with the amps set on high pass. As far as subs your budget is your limits, just remember that you pay for real power and ideally you can put less stress on your system if you can run your sub stage at 2ohm rather then 1ohm.

Aveosummit aka "C3Customs"

C3 Testimonials

Bravox Audio - Crossfire - Stetsom - ARC Audio - Second Skin - Mobile Spec - Batcap - Excessive Amperage - Audiopipe - Clarion - DLS - GermanMaestro

marmite369

Postby marmite369 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:59 pm

ok going on the advice that cscustoms has laid out there intend to fit in some 6.5 up from then look into 8's in the rear when i do get around to working back there but it's obviously going to be quite a job to fit them in there, doable but quite a job to fit them. the way im looking at things what i will do is fit onto the frame work behind the plastic panels a woodern panel in which i would then cut an 8 inch hole to fit the speakers. only issue i belive i will incure is the fitting of this panel powering the speakers is the easy bit. just will be harder to fit the board as it has to be sercure enough to handel the wieght of the speakers whatever way the car is driven (i drive quite hard wich doesn't help) but then as the panels are really thin and to put it politely rubish i intend not to cut into them and see how they sound behind the panel if it sounds really poor quality then i will either scrap the project more likely or depending on my mood at the time rework the panel to take the speaker covers so the sounds may transfer through better. obviously this would then turn a reasonably simple job into a large pain in the arse but we shall see. first thing i think i will do before even sourcing andy speakers or an amp to run them is try to get a panel fitted in there as this will be the hardest part of this project. once fitted as i have some spare 4inch speakers kicking about i will fit those and see how it works on them if it'sok i will try 8 inchers finaly deciding on the verdict from there.

obviously as i am doing this i will create a how to guide as best i can for anyone else who is considering fitting speakers back there. just a warning though im not the best at explaining how i do things so it will probably be more pictures than anything and more of a project thread on how to do things than a how to as i will do it as i go along, and won't do it in one hit (to much for me to do struggle getting half a day to myself as it is lol)

anyone interested in doing this also can you please mail me as i can then find out what information would best suit you in a guide on how to do this. don't forsee it to be to hard though cheers for the advice and stuff guys

marmite369

Postby marmite369 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:02 pm

just as another addition i may consider fitting a small sub (8inch) to each side and then just some 6.5 if they both fit in there then removing the boot sub completely not sure though was just a second thought just now

Return to “Audio / Video”