Onstar integration module model number

wylee

Onstar integration module model number

Postby wylee » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:44 am

Anyone have the Manufacturer and model number of an onstar integration module that works on the Aveo5? I'm putting in a Kenwood stereo it would be nice to keep everything working.

Petrified.Rabbit

Re: Onstar integration module model number

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:16 pm

i looked into this briefly when i bought a 2007 cd player for my 09.

the radio doesnt seem to control onstar in the same way as all the other gms not sure what is different. but it seems that we would need to just power across to the module, and have a cut out.

the 2007 radio had the same harness, and all the pins, but 3-4 pins were labelled differently.

like from memory one pin on the 09 was call onstar interrupt, where the 07 called it mute, or incoming call or something. i thought it would do the same thing. but the onstar didnt work once the radio was installed and your turned the headlights on. (i still dont know why).

i have yet to see an adapter for the aveo that is a plug in set up like with most gms. but you can probably find a hardwire version that will work.

i think a few people have aftermarket radios in 09s. (aveorob comes to mind. maybe lars bud as well?) but i dont know what their solutions were for onstar.

wylee

Postby wylee » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:53 pm

Thanks for the reply. The Kenwood is going in tomorrow or Friday, so I guess I'll figure out Onstar at some point in the future...or :idea: just find the Onstar module and unplug it.

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:03 pm

from what i can figure the onstar gets power from the radio, so it will be "disconnected" when you dont hook the aux feed wire to it..

but like i said, i didnt do an aftermarket deck, so i wasnts hooking thing up that way. from what i see onstar needs an interrupt, a signal feed, and the radio to default to that on contact. i would think a radio with cell phone interface capability could do it. but you would be in uncharted territory.

one thing i did not like, and why i bought the 09 radio, is the airbag lights became questionable. I verified it was due to the non onstar radio install. But i couldnt be sure the airbags would go off. It was too integrated into the car to just eliminate.. cheaply. (cheaper to buy oem cd)

chad396a

Postby chad396a » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:49 pm

The radio on the 09 does interface with the onstar. For example when the onstar ppl call you the radio will auto mute so u can hear and their voice plays through the front 2 speakers. the door chimes also play through the front speakers. I did find a factory conector that plugs into the stock radio plugs and it had a box that controls the onstar and chimes. it takes up alot of space behind the radio though. if u make it as compact as u can it is about the size of your 2 fists side by side. but when the onstar talks it will only mute the front 2 speakers. not the rear 2 or the sub if installed. so u got to turn your radio down to hear them. when i got it it was about 220$.

Speed of Sound
(724) 284-1284
140 New Castle Rd, Butler, PA 16001

That is where i got my plug. you can call and they might mail one out to you. im not too sure though. Never hurts to try.
09 Aveo 5 LS Hatch

Petrified.Rabbit

Postby Petrified.Rabbit » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:13 am

Thats so strange. I actually been to speed of sound. their cars are at a few shows.

(just odd to see a local place posted on the internet)

chad396a

Postby chad396a » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:47 pm

ya u live in pitt. i use to live in mercer pa. like 1.5 hrs from pitt. i moved to myrtle beach though.

09 Aveo 5 LS Hatch

Return to “Audio / Video”