•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Josef's 05 Aveo Hatchback LS Start through Finish!

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      I have been looking at those lights for sometime. Thanks for buying them and putting pictures up. Still undecided but closer!

Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Thanks
      Yeah I had a hell of a time finding people on here that had good pictures with the lights on their Aveos and there was practically nothing anywhere on the internet also lol I figured I could help a few people decide if they wanted them or not lol the one thing I did do is I got some MAX LED strips and slid them through the eyebrow bulb slot in order to make the eyebrow visible during the day.
      Without lights on.
      Name:  IMAG2342.jpg
Views: 1427
Size:  325.0 KB
      With lights on.
      Name:  IMAG2345.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  342.7 KB

Thanks
      Now that is good to know about the eyebrow lights. I in the process of "un-trashing" my car after two "incidents" I will need to replace the headlights and strongly considering 1) Mod the existing Aveo 2006 design or 2) Buy the above lights.

Now if I buy said lights, a couple of questions:
      1) Are you satisfied with illumination at night? (I know you took a picture but it's really hard to tell.) An other way to ask the question are they better than stock?
      2) Did you have to break the seal to put in the LED strip? Did you put in relay to bypass the half voltage for daylights or is that somehow built into the light? Or did you run the LED strip on the half voltage?
      3) A lot of those lights have two blue LEDs, do you find them annoying?

Thanks for putting up the pictures. It's really appreciated.

Thanks
      I absolutely love these lights at night! The eyebrow is very bright at night as well as the two LED's on either headlight, but I don't believe it impacts oncoming traffic or the person I am driving behind. The two halo rings on either headlight are not very visible on sunny days, but fairly visible on cloudy days, and perfectly visible at night. The headlights come with stock H1 Halogen bulbs in the projector housing which I swapped out with Kensun 6000K HID Bulbs (Kensun HID Xenon Headlights). The hookup was simple and I just ziptied the Ballasts to the frame near where the shocks, i believe, are mounted under the hood. In order to make the HID's compatable with the car you have to disable the DRl's (Daytime Running Lights) which just consists of disconnecting a connector under the dash (http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f94/drl-7226/). If you connect the HID's with the DRL module connected then while in DRL mode, the HID's will flicker and could blow up or burn out because of not getting proper running voltage. After disabling the DRL's the voltage will now stay at full voltage whether you have the switch on Daytime Running Light mode or headlight mode. I just tapped the MAX LED strips into the wires that originally had the halogen bulb in the eyebrow. There is a rubber base that the bulb originally clipped into that I just sealed the wires of the Max LED into the headlight. It really isn't a problem to worry about
      I hope that answered everything!

Thanks
      I was looking at lights again. I got my car apart and about to order. I was looking at lights carefully again, I get the idea there is only one headlight per headlight and NOT one headlight per projector. Is that correct?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      I was looking at lights again. I got my car apart and about to order. I was looking at lights carefully again, I get the idea there is only one headlight per headlight and NOT one headlight per projector. Is that correct?

Ok the stock headlight has one bulb thats had high and low filaments. The projector headlights have 2 bulbs per headlight one bulb for a low beam ( the low beams have a shield to block the light from blinding oncoming traffic.) And a high beam bulb. If you buy the headlights. It has an adapter that you just plug up no modification required. All you have to hook up is the halo's, and the led's if you want them to work. But it cones to me as easy because I used to be a mechanic. So it's a simple job to hook then up.

Thanks
      Thanks for the reply jonelledge. I almost get what you are saying. So let's talk in pictures. Questions are on the picture. In fact anybody who has worked with the SpecD projector headlight can add their "illumination" on the subject (pun intended).
      Name:  headlightquestion.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  10.0 KB

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      Thanks for the reply jonelledge. I almost get what you are saying. So let's talk in pictures. Questions are on the picture. In fact anybody who has worked with the SpecD projector headlight can add their "illumination" on the subject (pun intended).
      Name:  headlightquestion.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  10.0 KB
      Ok ill take a couple of pics of mine in a little bit and uplignition is o. ad them tonight. But the low beam is a projector. The high beam does NOT have a projector (only the low beam) and the bulb that you asked is a turn signal. It can be if you wire it up to the turn signal. But you have to do yhe wiring and stuff for it. I put led, s in mine and got them wired tp say on when the Ignition is on. But ill take close ups.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123